• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED Duel snorkel air cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev3434

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am looking to buy a stock duel snorkel air cleaner. Apparently from what I've heard they only came with the roadrunners out of the LA factory. When I got mine the original air cleaned did not come with the car.
Thanks
Trevor

rockdog2112

Reaction score
I didn't know any RR's came with a dual. I like them and there's nothing stock about my engine so I found one I liked on ebay. It came off of a 68 Fury.
$_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

droptop

Reaction score
Any car that was made to sell in Calf. could not have the un-silenced air cleaner or exhaust tips in '69. The '68 C body air cleaner is very similar but the vent connects to the body of the air cleaner and not the snorkel. It will also accept a pie tin were the c body version is believed to not be able to.

69_383ds_01.jpg

69_383ds_01.jpg

Last edited:

A12

Reaction score
This is what came OE on my LA built 1969 GTX

DSC03136Wcrprs.jpg

DSC03136Wcrprs.jpg

A12

Reaction score
Looks like you rear ended someone with your air cleaner:jester::basketcase:

:lol: :lol: :encouragement:

It didn't last long....for one the exhaust was way louder than the intake so I had to do it......yep that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :yesnod:

69 GTX 0000001.jpg

69 GTX 0000001.jpg

SgtLee511

Reaction score
So quick question My 69rr 383, I only have the rusted out bottom. Is this car stock single snorkel or what? Id like to get the road runner tin for it, so what am I looking for quick Pic please......

jays69bird

Reaction score
All 69's destined for California came with the dual snorkel and no exhaust tips. Mine was built in St. Louis but sold in Downey California and it has the dual snorkel.
get-attachment2.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :encouragement:

It didn't last long....for one the exhaust was way louder than the intake so I had to do it......yep that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :yesnod:

View attachment 9786

Now that I'm done trying to be funny why the flat area on the front of the air cleaner? A/C ?

A12

Reaction score
Yes for the A/C for the most part.....may be something else on the B or C-body (?) but for sure the solid line or tube that runs on the backside of the A/C compressor is pretty close to the large air cleaner lid.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I saw some 68 or 69 air cleaners on craigslist dallas texas a week or two ago for a reasonable amount they may have been dual snorkel I cant recall and I cant access it from this PC to post it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back