• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dumb brake question and a pic request

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
There's no parking brake cable that goes to the FRONT brakes correct??? I had my drums and backing plates from the Runner sand blasted and machined to use on my Scamp... just want to make sure there's no cable supposed to be there because there definitely wasn't one when I took 'em off the bird! LOL

Also, I swear remember seeing a detail brake shot (shoes and springs) from Hemibeep... can you post that for me? :thumbsup:

0530091512.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
No cable to the front. Here is a pic of my front but remember the heavy duty brakes did not have self adjusters and yours should! Unless they were upgraded to 11X3

John69RR

Reaction score
FYI Chris, that is a picture of the RIGHT front. The short shoe goes to the front, just like in family pictures, short people in the front. Or should I say vertically challenged people? :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
John69RR said:
The short shoe goes to the front, just like in family pictures, short people in the front.

Hey, that's a great way to remember that, John. Thanks!

Every little memory trick helps...

:jester:

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
No cable to the front. Here is a pic of my front but remember the heavy duty brakes did not have self adjusters and yours should! Unless they were upgraded to 11X3
Nice! Mine are the 11x3's... they look exactly like that.... even have the short shoes towards the front! LOL Thanks for posting. I'll post up a pic of my detailed brakes as soon as I can.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Too lazy to dig out the camera...... crappy cell pic....
0606092254.jpg

The spring kit comes with the self adjusting springs and some bent style washers I have no idea what are used for, lol. Also... is it ok to use wheel bearing grease to grease up the contact areas on the backing plates or do I need a special brake grease?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You did good grass hopper, it just takes a tiny bit of grease so thats ok Chris.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hey, that's a great way to remember that, John. Thanks!

Every little memory trick helps...

:jester:[/quote]
How does that go, short guys get no brakes :lmao:

Back