• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dyno Results (Dyno Sheets Added)

zupanj

Reaction score
I took the RR in for a dyno tune since I'm off this week. Gave some pretty good numbers right off the bat. They only had to adjust the idle air bleed screws a bit and re-set the timing. Everything else was good. The torque curve is nice and flat, 500 lb/ft from 2800 to 4200 rpm and then starts to taper down. It's still 450 lb/ft @ 5200 rpm where the engine is pretty much maxed. Horsepower maxes at 446 @ 5200 rpm at the rear wheels. I will post the dyno sheet next week when I can make a pdf file. I'm a pretty happy camper with this.

Jack

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Dyno Results

I would bet that you are a pretty happy camper, Jack! Good numbers. Congrats!

Ray

droptop

Reaction score

Considering you lose about 15 to 25% in the drive line, that would be well over 500 at the crank. Good numbers for any street car.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

:drool: :drool: :drool: jack....bad ass....thats great buddy.....you gotta play at the dragstrip now :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:...how much did they charge you and how many pulls did you get??

roadrunnerh

Reaction score

Kick Ass! Those are nice HP numbers and great torque! :party:
I bet that car is really fun to drive......

mcmopar

Reaction score

Sweet ,very sweet! Sounds like it will be a really fun driver!

moparchris

Reaction score

Wow! That is some big HP! Good job I bet that thing is a riot to drive! Congrats. :banana:

zupanj

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. The engine was dynoed before I bought it. At that time they reported just under 600 hp and 600 lb-ft of torque at 5400 rpm. I wasn't there but I thought the guy I bought the engine from was honest. I did meet the guys at the shop where the dyno runs were done and I had the impression they were good.

There is a shop in northeast Philly that has a chassis dyno and I have gone there before. In fact they dynoed the car when the 383 was in it, but that's a story for another time. Today they made the first pass and had 500 lb-ft of torque and about 420 hp and were running rich. They worked the air bleeds a bit, reset the timing which was too advanced (I guess I'm guilty but I don't know how.), made a second run and got an additional 25 lb-ft of torque and 25 hp. The a/f ratio was good. Final numbers are 446 hp max and 527 lb-ft torque. Then they put up a different screen on the computer to check cruise speed which also looked good. At that point he said I am done, eveything was good. I guess the guys with the engine dyno had dialed in the carbs. He said that he figured he would have to spend 2-3 hours messing with the carbs but they were spot on. So only two runs and about $160. A lot cheaper than the last run on the 383 in which they spent about 4 hours trying to get it to run well.

Back