• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

electric fan problem

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
to cool all my horses i picked up 2... 13 inch spal puller fans mounted to my be-cool radiator....bought these after the flex-lite fans could"nt do the job anymore...anyway 2006 i bought them and now one fan pulls more the the other...turns out one of the quick-disconnect plugs had a loose connection...fixed that and still the same problem...checked the in-line fuse and half the prong was melted off...changed that and still the problem...so then i swapped the relays...still the same problem...so what is it now...i guess the fan motor......i called up spal...the motor overheated....we will send you another motor for nothing....wow...i could"nt believe it....i change it and all fixed...this is a good guy alert!!!!!!!!........these fans are $210 each....heres there website...http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx? ... ody&c=FAEX

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I really enjoy the "Good Guy Alerts"... Thanks for sharing George...

Seems like there's just too many of the opposite kind unfortunately...

I'm currently running into the "opposite kind" with a certain arm rest manufacturer...their idea of customer service is "Oh, the guy that handles that is not here today. We'll have him call you on Monday." And of course the call never comes...and so it goes... :brickwall:

ACME

george68hemirr

Reaction score
not quite sure but the instruction says to install a 30 amp inline fuse before each relay for each fan....so i guess just under 30 amps....right??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
not quite sure but the instruction says to install a 30 amp inline fuse before each relay for each fan....so i guess just under 30 amps....right??
I was curious, I believe the fans on my wifes Grand Prix are 10-15 per fan startup. I would imagin a performance fan could be 20-25 :huh:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
george68hemirr said:
I was curious, I believe the fans on my wifes Grand Prix are 10-15 per fan startup. I would imagin a performance fan could be 20-25 :huh:

you would not believe the amount of air they pull....and these are the high performance ones....i cant image the extreme ones

Back