• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Electrical Stuff

zupanj

Reaction score
I took the Runner to an auto electric shop to check the charging system since the ammeter jumps around so much. It looks like the alternator is bad and they are going to rebuild it. While testing the car the guy noticed that the only ground is from the battery to the block, there is no direct ground to the chassis. He says I really want to have one. I did wonder about that but there was no ground to chassis when the 383 was in the car and I didn't add one when I put the hemi in. Do other Roadrunners ground to chassis or is this some Mopar quirk?

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i dont know what is correct but i have a ground from the block to the firewall and from the block by the motor mount to the k-frame......and she is grounded

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jack. Can you see the wire from the fire wall to the intake just to the right of the ballast. I believe this is the same location as wedge engines just a different length wire. I'll look for the place I got mine from :thumbsup: If you have the battery in the trunk by all means add one from the block to the chassis. I just realized that pic is prior to getting the dashpot. but that would have cluttered it up anyways :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jack I got my wire from Mopars by Crane and they went under :toetap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've always seen a factory ground from the rear of the passenger side head to the firewall. and the headlight wires have a ground to te core suport.

zupanj

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Bob your pic was especially helpful. I think I remember that ground on my '67 GTX. I checked my car and there is in fact a place for a bolt to attach. I will pick up a ground wire from Year One or Mancinis.

Jack

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
zupanj said:
Thanks guys. Bob your pic was especially helpful. I think I remember that ground on my '67 GTX. I checked my car and there is in fact a place for a bolt to attach. I will pick up a ground wire from Year One or Mancinis.

Jack
just buy some ends and make it yourself.....no big deal

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I always run a ground to the ECu and the VR for good measure. I have a heavy wire from the head to the frame.

Back