• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exactly One Year Ago Today...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
...I loaded up the truck and trailer and headed out to Alvarado, TX to pick up the A12 Road Runner that would soon be known simply as "Bambi"... :lol:

Man, what a great road trip. Oh, there were a few set-backs along the way...like half of the trailer tires blowing off of the trailer before we had even gone a 100 miles...or my son Kyle leaving the oil filler cap off of my SS/T when we topped off and checked fluids leaving Tallahassee...which was the same stop that got me a tank full of shi**y gas and had the truck skipping and bucking like an unbroken bronco...check engine light was on...Houston, we have a problem... :lol: - but it was for the largest part one of my all-time favorite road trips.

I'm sure I've shared some of these pics before, so forgive me for any redundancy, but this old, primered, factory hot-rod has become one of my greatest joys...

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray get some sun on those legs :lmao: Thats cool, my parade home was only a mile but they could smell me coming with the cat piss and rotten gas oozing out :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ray get some sun on those legs :lmao: Thats cool, my parade home was only a mile but they could smell me coming with the cat piss and rotten gas oozing out :lol:

Those are Tem's legs...NOT MINE!!! :lol: I give him crap about these photos all of the time...

Okay - Here's one of Tem and me moments before that other picture was taken...Tem is doing his "Kilroy" impersonation...

...love the cat piss stories...poor Ginger... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Those are Tem's legs...NOT MINE!!! :lol: I give him crap about these photos all of the time...

Okay - Here's one of Tem and me moments before that other picture was taken...Tem is doing his "Kilroy" impersonation...

...love the cat piss stories...poor Ginger... :lol:

I was going to say, you needed a shave and you didnt have any food or drink in hand. Makes sence now, is that Tem from FBBO?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I was going to say, you needed a shave and you didnt have any food or drink in hand. Makes sence now, is that Tem from FBBO?

As in "69 runner" - the Moderator on FBBO? Yes, they would be one and the same. He has his R4 '69 RR J-Car up for sale...just in case Ginger needs a stable-mate and you need a new project as this one is winding down... :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

As in "69 runner" - the Moderator on FBBO? Yes, they would be one and the same. He has his R4 '69 RR J-Car up for sale...just in case Ginger needs a stable-mate and you need a new project as this one is winding down... :D

Thats just what I need :crazy:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
great story and pics Ray! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the pic of the A12 tailgating. I had a similar view all the way back from Michigan. The Wife had to keep telling me to watch the road! Oh...and Happy Anniversary :cheers:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
great story and pics Ray! Thanks for sharing. I especially like the pic of the A12 tailgating. I had a similar view all the way back from Michigan. The Wife had to keep telling me to watch the road! Oh...and Happy Anniversary :cheers:

You are most welcome, our Esteemed Picturemonger... :D

I like that picture too...Kyle just turned around and snapped it through the back window while I was driving. I didn't even know until we got home and I downloaded all of the pictures...

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I had not seen those pics..........Great pics and great story.....I haven't had time to read the posts on the big story thread yet, been busy as hell, thank god............I'll get caught up in a couple of days........ :thumbsup:

moparstuart

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I had not seen those pics..........Great pics and great story.....I haven't had time to read the posts on the big story thread yet, been busy as hell, thank god............I'll get caught up in a couple of days........ :thumbsup:
I need some of that busy you have buiness here has been dead .

hope it picks up soon

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Nice story Ray. It's always fun looking out the back window at the new toy you just bought as it obediantly follows you home on that trailer. My Roadrunner was the last one to do that, and I still remember looking back every chance I got to make sure it was still there, and thinking how much fun I was going to have with that car. And I got to look a lot 'cause I wasn't driving!

John69RR

Reaction score
Great story Ray. I couldn't look back on mine either as I was behind the wheel while my father-in-law towed us home. Having poor brakes made for an intersting ride.

zupanj

Reaction score
I remember picking my Roadrunner up. I has been about 3 years ago and that was a great trip.

What is FBBO? A website?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
zupanj said:
I remember picking my Roadrunner up. I has been about 3 years ago and that was a great trip.

What is FBBO? A website?

Yes, "For B Bodies Only".

Ray

Back