• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fellas she is running.............

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help. It was the ECM after all. I got a new one today and she fired immediately. So this is what I did.

1. New battery cable
2. New M&H engine wiring harness
3. New under the dash M&H wiring harness.
4. New ECM
5. New alternator
6. New battery
7. New Starter regulator.

Man it's been since August 21 that this thing has started. I put a new ECM on it to begin with and it was bad. This one is a Mopar endorsed one.

20220914_183627.jpg

HD539

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's help. It was the ECM after all. I got a new one today and she fired immediately. So this is what I did.

1. New battery cable
2. New M&H engine wiring harness
3. New under the dash M&H wiring harness.
4. New ECM
5. New alternator
6. New battery
7. New Starter regulator.

Man it's been since August 21 that this thing has started. I put a new ECM on it to begin with and it was bad. This one is a Mopar endorsed one.

View attachment 36708
Where did you buy that one?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a darn shame brand new box no good. Bought mine from summit. But if you have no fire at the engine Either coil or ECM. Or the resistor. Went through three coils on my car. Even bought an MSD one and they all failed. First one had oil leaking out of it due to the coil is horizontal mounted on the engine. The second one did the same thing. Found out that the cap is not sealed on some coils where the wire comes out for the distributor. The junk we are sold just is not right. Have fun now that you got it running. :thumbsup2:

Russ Hood

Reaction score
That is a darn shame brand new box no good. Bought mine from summit. But if you have no fire at the engine Either coil or ECM. Or the resistor. Went through three coils on my car. Even bought an MSD one and they all failed. First one had oil leaking out of it due to the coil is horizontal mounted on the engine. The second one did the same thing. Found out that the cap is not sealed on some coils where the wire comes out for the distributor. The junk we are sold just is not right. Have fun now that you got it running. :thumbsup2:
In the past I have had to pump the gas pedal to get it to start thought I had a fuel pump issue (this was before aug 21 when it all went dead). Now I just touch the key to turn over and it starts immediately. New wiring!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
After they set for a few days still have to pat the pedal a couple of time to get mine to fire up. But that is what we had to do back in the day also. I do have a check valve in the fuel line near the carb. That is what we did back in the day. Good luck.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Parts are not what they used to be. If you are a fan of Uncle Tony's Garage you have seen his videos about bad out of box, cheep Chinese junk.

Back