• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fender reflector question

Rothenberg08

Reaction score
Starting to do some research on my project roadrunner. One of the debates we have always had involves the front end. At one time, my dad had to swap out the front end of his 69 and ended getting the front end off of a 66. The biggest difference, to my knowledge is the front marker lights. The 69 being rectangular and the 66 being round. That being said, would I be better off selling these ones as is and trying to find the right fenders, or just modifying the existing ones to make them look right.

Thanks!
IMG_6539.jpgIMG_6542.jpg

IMG_6539.jpg

IMG_6542.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
By 66 you must mean 68.

The 68 fenders have the round (and lit) side markers and there are differences how the fenders mount to the radiator support and IIRC, where the headlight trim mounts.

Changing it to look like a 69 would involve a donor fender for the side marker area and the mount. Sell the 68's and buy some 69's.

ralleygreen

Reaction score
the fenders are 68 on your car ,the grill also looks to be a 68 sport satellite/gtx (plastic)

Back