• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Filter/Seperator

Collin

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase an inline filter/seperator for my air compressor at the shop. We are getting too much moisture through the lines and are afraid we are going to spray some oil on our primer. I am looking at Eastwood right now as I have had nothing but good things to say about their products so far. There are many different versions to choose from. Do you guys use any now on your compressors? Any recommendations?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Collin said:
I am looking to purchase an inline filter/seperator for my air compressor at the shop. We are getting too much moisture through the lines and are afraid we are going to spray some oil on our primer. I am looking at Eastwood right now as I have had nothing but good things to say about their products so far. There are many different versions to choose from. Do you guys use any now on your compressors? Any recommendations?
I picked one up at NAPA that seems to work well. Think it was about $50 after getting the fittings

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I used one from Eastwoods. Nothing works better than draining the tank daily.

I wonder if anyone (aside from a commercial shop) actually does that...? I'm lucky if I remember to do it every few months... :leave:

:jester:

Collin

Reaction score
Lately with the heat and humidity we drain it Everytime we are about to work, just looking for a little extra to ensure a nice finish

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

I wonder if anyone (aside from a commercial shop) actually does that...? I'm lucky if I remember to do it every few months... :leave:

When I paint I open the drain a touch to get all the condensation out and keep it out. Its quite a problem with all the humidity here and all :basketcase:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Collin said:
Lately with the heat and humidity we drain it Everytime we are about to work, just looking for a little extra to ensure a nice finish
wait for the perfect day.....like today

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

Probably none, but if I dont I get water outta my tools. Total Pisser. :brickwall:

V269

Reaction score
Drain my compressor after every use. Amazing how much moisture comes out. :yesnod:

Back