• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finding others mistakes...

Collin

Reaction score
As I have gone through this process of restoring my car, I have found that the last person who did the work actually made my work harder!!

Car was apparently hit on Pass side....so what did we find? The frame rail was still torqued from the hit (we straightend it with a sledge hammer). The patch was put in with brass. The rear quarters were riveted the roof and riveted all the way down the old quarters....and the old inner wheel housings laid over the old........or even the way that the inner wheel housings were missing half the metal!

I guess the more you take apart the more you find to fix. Just glad that we are done fixing the old mistakes and are finally onto new projects.. Oh yeah, my car had fenderwell headers! Didnt know they even made those for b bodys....

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
That's the way body work was done "back in the day". Slam it together with braze and pop rivets and cover it with bondo.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Oh yeah, your not the Lone Ranger on this one. I think all of us have found things like that. It really gets under my skin..........grrrrrrrrrr :brickwall:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
fender wheel headers....back in 1968 a buddy of mine got a 68 roadrunner for a graduation present who brought it up to auto shop...my major in high school.....WACKED OPEN the inner fenders and put on some new fender wheel headers.....the funny thing is i own this car now

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ah yes, welcome to the exciting world of old cars. you never know what'll you'll find.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ah yes, welcome to the exciting world of old cars. you never know what'll you'll find.

When I ripped the carpet out of Bambi amongst the various treasures that had been deposited over the course of nearly 40 years were about 20 of the old pop tops from beer and soda cans. When I showed them to the kids they were able to guess what they were...but for the first time they finally knew exactly what Jimmy Buffet was singing about when he sang "I blew out my flip-flop...Stepped on a pop-top...Cut my heel had to cruise on back home..." :lol:

That exercise also yielded a few original A12 chrome lugnuts...no idea why they'd be UNDER the carpet... :huh:

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Bob should put something under his carpet so that when he dies and his kids sell the car for like $15,000 somebody would get something out of the car of value since it would have been parted out by that time...... :lol: :lol:

Collin

Reaction score
I've never seen a pop-top either....but thats a different story. Yeah I found a who treasure of headliner foam and insulation pad stuffed in the frame rails and in the whole entire heater box. The mice werent as nice to leave me chrome lug nuts, just poop. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Bob should put something under his carpet so that when he dies and his kids sell the car for like $15,000 somebody would get something out of the car of value since it would have been parted out by that time...... :lol: :lol:
What did I do :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: Pat Pend. :lol:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:
I'm just a prick too.......... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:

Now you sound like me and Basketcase. Welcome to the Frat! :wave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
69hemibeep said:
Hoosier Bird said:

Now you sound like me and Basketcase. Welcome to the Frat! :wave:
Yeh, we come in all colors :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now you sound like me and Basketcase. Welcome to the Frat! :wave:[/quote]
Yeh, we come in all colors :lol:[/quote]

Maybe you're just a greenie hiding behind that beautiful shade of blue... :lol:[/quote]
Good use of a smilie. It kept me from, well we wont go there blue bro :D

Back