• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Post

Rick69RoadRunner

Reaction score
Seems only appropriate to make it about my '69 Road Runners. I was a car lover from the time I was big enough to push toy cars around the floor. Within a few years I was building model cars (and planes, trains, ships, tanks, etc). Fast forward to November, 1968 when I spotted a gorgeous new Road Runner on the Plymouth dealer showroom in Utah. I was a poor college student but I had to have it. Just to demonstrate that I have extremely good taste, the RR was, of course, a beautiful F8 Green. So I traded in my '67 Cuda (fastback 340 4speed) and took it home. Kind of nice to have an automatic, I was getting old I guess. Cost $3,778.75 (less the trade, plus tax and license, etc.), I've still got the original paperwork.

I loved the Road Runner and drove it for several years. Sold it in 1973 to a kid in Stockton, CA. for $995. Should have kept it but I can say that about dozens of cars. If anyone on here happens to know where that car is today, let me know if you would. The VIN is RM23H9G124***. Just to rub it in again... it was F8 Green...383 Auto, no vinyl top and bucket seats.

I've gone thru a lot of cars over the years. I've still got quite a few of them. I do have a '69 Road Runner RM23H9A. It's F5 Green. M6X Black buckets and console, 4speed, A36 3:55 pkg.

I've also got some '68 and '69 Charger R/T's. I like Mopars but I like them all so have some of just about everything. Mostly the cars I like the best from earlier years.

Just to try and square things with the blue-is-better guys... my wife's dad coincidentally also bought a '69 Road Runner brand new. So she got to cruise around Des Moines as a teen in a B5 Blue Convertible with white interior and top.

I've read some posts and hope to read a lot more to kind of catch up. I'm always in the market for parts and buying and selling cars. I'd be interested in an F8 '69 Road Runner if anyone has a nice one they are thinking of parting with. Then I guess I'd have to sell the F5.

Just one quick story to wind this up... I also had a '68 Corvette L88 427 back in 1969. That was my street racer. If you don't know what an L88 Vette was, you never tried to race one back in those days. It was the fastest street car in town. The closest any car ever came to staying with it was a '69 B5 Blue Hemi Hdtp (pretty car) that the guy had spent a fortune on to hop it up. He was determined to beat me, no matter what it took. It was fast. But it never could quite take the L88.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Rick, let me be the first to welcome you to the bird's nest. :cheers: You've come to the right place for the '69 Birds. Sounds like you've had quite a collection of cars, and have fun with them. Post come pictures when you can. We will hound you for them!. :jester: I see that you have already picked up on the friendly color war we have going. That's what makes this site so much fun to spend time on. We can have our fun with this and other things and no one goes home unhappy, there are a great bunch of guys here. And also let me be the first to welcome you to the green team! Mine is also F5, if they had matched the paint right, which they didn't! My first runner back in the day was also F8! Anyways, come back and visit often and join in on the fun! :banana: :beep:

glhcarl

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Rick. I know a little about letting cars get away. I bought a new 69 RR in April 1969 and traded it in on a 1971 Datsun pick-up. Dumb, but I raced motorcycles at the time need some way to get my bike to the race.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome Rick. I also started with a F8 Hemi Runner and let it get away with others, you know hind sight. I finally grew up and got a blue one :lol:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I figured this would get the green space alien people out in force.

Welcome aboard.

My first car was a F5 69. I worked very hard to cover every bit of it I could. I even climbed in the trunk and painted the underside of the deck.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
I figured this would get the green space alien people out in force.

Welcome aboard.

My first car was a F5 69. I worked very hard to cover every bit of it I could. I even climbed in the trunk and painted the underside of the deck.
:toetap: :blah: :toetap: :blah: :devil:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome Rick! Love to see pics of the runner and the Chargers. I had a '68 R/T for a long time. Don't be a stranger.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Rick!

I'm pretty sure most of the guys here are familiar with an L88 - whether they faced one or not. Most everyone has a broad automotive knowledge base and or interests - and there are even a few Bricklin (vette) owners here.

F8 is always a good "starter color"... :lmao:

Don't be a stranger!

:jester:
ACME

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Welcome Rick! I just joined this group a couple months ago. I'm sure you will find, as I did, that they are a great bunch of guys. Friendly, informative, and funny.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Welcome Rick! I just joined this group a couple months ago. I'm sure you will find, as I did, that they are a great bunch of guys. Friendly, informative, and funny.

Some of the guys here are definitely "funny" :loco:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
glhcarl said:
[quote="Big John":j80efv4h]Some of the guys here are definitely "funny" :loco:

Do you mean funny "HA HA" or funny "STRANGE?

Oh, you're just going to open the flood gates, aren't you Carl...? :lol:[/quote:j80efv4h]
There are BOTH! :jester:

Back