• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Line adapter?

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Anyone running an Edlebrock Carb (mine is a Performer Series 1406) and using "stock" steel lines? Im having trouble finding an adapter to go from the end of the hard lines (assume 3/8" thread w/flare, NPT?) to the carb (5/8-20) once I remove the fitting for rubber lines.... Any help on what you used or where I could pick one up would be great. Bob

John69RR

Reaction score
In their catalog it lists the inverted flare fitting as #8090 for square bore and AFB carbs. However I can not find it on their website. Maybe a speed shop or parts store can get one. And yes it is 3/8".

a6t9vette

Reaction score
I actually had gotten one of the 8090s hoping that would work, but the issue after talking to the manufacture of the lines is that the 5/16" lines use a 1/2"-20 fitting, and the 8090 is meant for a 5/8"-18 fitting which is normally found on a 3/8" line. Doesnt apear that there is an apater to change from 1/2 to 5/8, so they are making me a 5/16 line with a "special" fitting that will fit on that line but has a 5/8"-18 fitting.....

Back