• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Tank J-bolts

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
Another problem, the guy I purchased the car from changed the trunk floor and in doing so cut out the shock absorber housing and just welded the old one back in. He also took a couple of long thread rod and just welded it to the housing to hook up the fuel tank. (See Photo) So I am in the process of welding the new housing in place and have no idea where the J-bolts go. Does anyone have a photo showing the J-bolts location. Also what is the diameter of the J-bolt I think the old owner may have reamed out the tank straps to a larger sized so his thread rod would fit.

20130601_164040(0).jpg

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
after looking up I need the trunk floor brace set, do you also have a picture where the other bracket goes.

trunk floor brace set.jpg

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
thanks so I have that one, they just did not put in the j bolt holders, nice, can't find anyone who just sells those pieces.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ArmyInspector said:
after looking up I need the trunk floor brace set, do you also have a picture where the other bracket goes.
You have them pictured here, where did you get the pic from?

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
finally found them on ebay, it's almost cheaper buying the set and then put the other brace back up for sale. Found picture on ebay, TAMAZ is the seller

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ArmyInspector said:
He also took a couple of long thread rod and just welded it to the housing to hook up the fuel tank.

gawd don't you love previous owners....... :facepalm:

dobie

Reaction score
Call up Jeff from 521 Restorations in Colorado...I had the exact problem. Well, sorta.... When we cut out my trunk floor we saved the brackets. By the time the car got to the body shop, it was over a year later. I fully believe the shop threw one of them out thinking it was scrap. When I finally got the car home I crawled underneath to install the tank and I thought, "well crap...something's not right here." I finally figured out I was missing a bracket.

I called Jeff and got one sent out the next day. AMD is re-making them. Fit and function were just fine. Got it installed the next day it came and all was good. Only issue I had was that it burned through welding it on....Oh well.

So I just looked at AMD's web site, and I cant find it listed anywhere. Im almost positive I went thru Jeff. I'll dig back thru some of my receipts and see what I can find. In the meantime, here's Jeff's info. Call him up and tell him what you need. Hopefully he can help.

http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=home

Well, I just went back thru a stack of receipts and cant find anything. (imagine that) I'd still give Jeff a call and see if he can help.

Back