• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fuel tank vent

andy69

Reaction score
On my fuel tank there are two openings at the back , these i think are for a vent,The previous owner put a piece of rubber tube from one to the other about 4 inches long,i dont think this is normal,does anyone know whats normal.can send a pic if you dont understand........

69B5

Reaction score
Good morning Andy69
Those two holes are for vent tubes and do not connect
The wheel base determines which tank was used and the placement of the vent tubes
If it would be of any help to you, I could send a picture out of the service manual
69B5

andy69

Reaction score
that would be a great help,even better someone could,maybe,when you have spare time,stick a camera underneath and take a pic or two :thumbsup: .........thanks....cheers...etc

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You want pics? I got pics. remember when you look at the tank say with your feet out the back of the car the second small tube on the sending unit is a return line for 440 and hemi cars the tube next to the sending unit goes up into the trunk and ends in the frame. the far right one is shaped like an upside down J and just vents under the car.

andy69

Reaction score
Cheers thanks for that,now do any of the vent tubes connect to anything ,meaning do they join or they both seperate,also i gather the bottom photo is for 440/hemi, and the cheques in the mail...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
andy69 said:
Cheers thanks for that,now do any of the vent tubes connect to anything ,meaning do they join or they both seperate,also i gather the bottom photo is for 440/hemi, and the cheques in the mail...
They just vent to the atmosphere, I don't know what to tell you if one of those didn't come with the car :lol:

Back