• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel tank

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
Hey guys any advice on where to get a new fuel tank and sending unit. Thanks. :brickwall:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Check Classic Industries, I keep suggesting them to everyone because I had a bad experience with Yearone. I'm sure there maybe other locations and sure one of our other brothers/sister will chim in soon.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
a buddy has bought from Classic, and was satisfied. I remember seeing Van's selling tanks at the Nats for $150, but I don't know where they were made.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Watch where you buy atank at as some are the good ol'china junk.
I know that Vans sells the china junk and they will leak at the seams where they are crimped at.

Try and find a vendor that has the Quanta(spelling?) tanks they are the best out there and made in canada.

Just my .02

CompSyn

Reaction score
The Rock

Just about every vendor sells Spectra Premium fuel tanks. If not, they're selling Chinese made junk.

RockAuto usually has the best pricing on Spectra Premium tanks, even after shipping.

Here's a 5% off discount code good through 11/24/13: 1746081514801480

:cheers:

Roof man

I'm putting on a sticker that going to say these s
Reaction score
Rock auto spectra tank $116.00. Napa spectra tank $260.00. What's up with this. Going to order from rock auto.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Rock auto spectra tank $116.00. Napa spectra tank $260.00. What's up with this. Going to order from rock auto.
Sounds about right. I had to get an air pump for my Ram. Checked NAPA first and it was at least $45, went to Rockauto, it was $25!!! Guess where I got it from!!

earlyrides

Reaction score
I bought four "B" body tanks from Quanta directly http://www.gastanks.com/
Great fit and great quality. They also sell the locking ring tools, gaskets and new filling necks too if you need them.
The sending units I got had to be calibrated somewhat though. They read lower than the "E" line when empty. Easy fix though. (some disassembly - reassembly required.)

CompSyn

Reaction score
Spectra Premium

:cheers:

Spectra Premium PN# CR9C

Rock Auto price: $116.79 plus 5% off with discount code.

Lock Ring Kit Included

Innovative engineering, manufacturing technology and quality control ensure that Spectra Premium fuel tanks meet or exceed the performance of the original equipment they replace.

• Unit is designed to OE fit, form and function requirements accomplished by leveraging OE fuel system design expertise
  • Lock ring included with each tank to reduce installation time and to ensure a complete repair
  • Made with corrosion resistant, OE approved, Ni Terne steel for durability
  • Unit is leak tested after production to ensure product in free from fuel and / or evaporative leaks
  • Each new fuel tank is road tested to ensure real world performance and to verify that each design meets our high standards for quality
  • Engineered to stringent tolerances based on our Canadian engineers' in-depth knowledge of the OE part it's designed to replace
  • Fit tested on the very same vehicle application for which it was developed verifying first-hand that the design fits properly and can be easily installed
  • Packaged with double-layered foam wrap and heavy-gauge corrugated board to ensure product quality at installation

Back