• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel vapor separator.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I know this topic has been covered. I even had some questions when installing mine.
I was just looking on utube and got sidetracked on "fuel vapor separators".
I was a little surprised when I saw almost all of the mechanics (who sound like they know stuff) have their separators laying horizontaly.
Looking at a cross section, looks to me to only work properly installed vertically.
Am I wrong in this assumption?

20200505_152119.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes it should be mounted vertically to the outer fuel pump bolt. I do use a filter on my Jeep with a return to the tank that lays horzontal but that's just to keep cool fuel in the line to prevent vapor lock.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Here’s something to be aware of- there are two versions for sale. The more pointy ended one has about the correct size orifice. The larger one will lower your fuel pressure.

8BF9DD2F-6027-4FF2-9D1A-67A9A44A7229.jpeg

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I bought a correct orifice one from mopar mall in ca. I’m sure several places have the correct ones and are all coming from same place. Obviously some places have the wrong size so just check before you bolt it on.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
My fuel vapor canister is located in the trunk next to the amp and behind the speaker casing. I have two separate vapor tubes (from the upper portion of the tank and from the fuel filler tube) that connect via a T-fitting, then go into the canister, then exits the canister, through the trunk into the rear wheel well. This devise has solved all my vapor orders when the car if parked in the garage, plus takes care of any potential air trapped in the tank. The canister is mounted upright (vertical).

Trunk insulation(2).jpg

Back