• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun time- stud welder first time use

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Working on this RR has forced me to purchase some new toys, one of which I got my new Stud Welder in yesterday, and my son n law wanted to try it out, on the RR, Me Not knowing if it would burn through the body of my bird, quickly suggested it be used on his Charger first, here are the pics... No burn holes and within 15 minutes he had the biggest dent on his Charger pulled. If you aint got one and your doing body work getya some of that.......Im old school and use to have a slide hammer with a screw on the end that left these big ugly holes to fill in the body.:cool-new:

70 Charger Dent Pull.jpg

70 Charger Dent.jpg

wagonman

Reaction score
Hi Sgt, I s that a Hobo Freight stud gun? If so hopefully it lasts longer than mine ( like 2 weeks). The reset sw connections burnt up. Good luck with yours.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Nah I paid a Pricey 240 for mine H&S 4500, I checked the Harbor Freight one out and passed and I know this H&S model has more screws in the case and so I felt like it might be better quality LOL

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Those thing are cool, watch my neighbor use one. He is a body man by trade so its like magic in trained hands

Back