• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Pedal Location

V269

Reaction score
Just finished installing the new carpet this week. It replaced one that was not an original and I am looking to find out the correct spot for the gas pedal. I have seen them with the base of the pedal on the foot pad and also located just forward of the foot pad. My hole's put mine on the pad by about an 1 1/2". Which is the correct spot ?

Bob, I'm sure you would know and would you have a pic ? Thank's.

Ken.

PS, do you bolt it right down to the carpet or do you have to cut out a spot in the carpet for it to fit flush ?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
V269 said:
Just finished installing the new carpet this week. It replaced one that was not an original and I am looking to find out the correct spot for the gas pedal. I have seen them with the base of the pedal on the foot pad and also located just forward of the foot pad. My hole's put mine on the pad by about an 1 1/2". Which is the correct spot ?

Bob, I'm sure you would know and would you have a pic ? Thank's.

Ken.

PS, do you bolt it right down to the carpet or do you have to cut out a spot in the carpet for it to fit flush ?
The leading edge should go over the rubber heal pad. Let me look for a pic

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
This is a really good question. I know mine went in front of the heel pad based on where the bolt holes were. I think I left mine above the carpet but it sure does seem to look like it should be countersunk into the carpet. I remember thinking it may start to unravel the carpet so I left mine above for now.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
This is a really good question. I know mine went in front of the heel pad based on where the bolt holes were. I think I left mine above the carpet but it sure does seem to look like it should be countersunk into the carpet. I remember thinking it may start to unravel the carpet so I left mine above for now.
I have to look! I don't remember if I cut the carpet? I don't think I did.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Not ready for the carpet in mine yet but,the white foam gasket goes between the bottum of pedal and carpet?

Been 10 years and don't have any pictures.

I'm old and slow :yesnod:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I went back to my notes. The carpet was not cut under the pedal on my original carpet and also no gasket. The thick heal with the studs go up against the heal pad on the carpet. Excuse the dirty carpet its time to vacuum again. :jester:

V269

Reaction score
Once again Bob you do not dissapoint. Great job on the pics and info. As soon as my new pedal arrives I'll be off to the races. What a great archive you are to all of us. Many thank's. :thumbsup: :worship: :cheers:

Ken.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
V269 said:
Once again Bob you do not dissapoint. Great job on the pics and info. As soon as my new pedal arrives I'll be off to the races. What a great archive you are to all of us. Many thank's. :thumbsup: :worship: :cheers:

Ken.
I have a photographic memory :basketcase:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Good job, Bob. That's exactly the way mine looks. No cutting - just right down on the carpet. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Carpet's kinda dirty...must be a before photo... :basketcase:

:banana: :acme: :banana:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Carpet's kinda dirty...must be a before photo... :basketcase:

:banana: :acme: :banana:

:jester:
Wanna cup of my special coffee :basketcase: see football thread

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
abodybill said:
Not ready for the carpet in mine yet but,the white foam gasket goes between the bottum of pedal and carpet?

Foam goes under the carpet.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Big John said:
abodybill said:

How do you get the pedal to set in the opening of the gasket?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
abodybill said:
Big John said:
abodybill said:

How do you get the pedal to set in the opening of the gasket?
Stick it to the floor before carpet

Back