• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Tank Coatings

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I've been thinking of coating the inside of my tank. Has anyone had any experience with this? Please give me some pointers and directions if possible.

droptop

Reaction score
Eastwood has what you need to clean out the tank. Sealer ($49.99) Metal wash ($12.99) Fast etch ($34.99) labor (???)

New reproduction tank from http://vansauto.com ....$125 I know what I would do with that old tank.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Your tank should be galvanized and any coating you put in it had should first stick to the galvanized surface and second not etch that surface. If that coating starts peeling you're gonna have a ton of problems.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
I wouldn't do it. Your tank should be galvanized and any coating you put in it had should first stick to the galvanized surface and second not etch that surface. If that coating starts peeling you're gonna have a ton of problems.

Sound advice. 'Nuff said.
:thumbsup:
Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I know a guy that had it done at a well known shop and a week later his whole fuel system was plugged up with coating. Now the shop is real well known, leave it alone :thumbsup:

Back