• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas tank venting

69roadrunnerragtop

Reaction score
Can someone help me out. I'm replacing my gas tank, and i don't know which port the vent tube that runs thru the trunk into the frame rail on the pass side hooks up to on the gas tank.
1- the port on the sender next to the pick up tube
2- top rear of the tank closest to the sender
3- or the one 1 inch away from #2 above closest to the side of the tank
also since one is the vent tube, what are the other 2 used for or should i just cap off the other two
thanks

69roadrunnerragtop

Reaction score
Thanks thats what i needed to know.
sorry for starting a new thread but i did a search i typed in " Fuel Tank Venting" and it came up (No suitable matches were found.)
i now learned to try different phrases. if i left off the ing on venting it came up
Sorry about that guys and thank you very much for your help :)

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69roadrunnerragtop said:
Thanks thats what i needed to know.
sorry for starting a new thread but i did a search i typed in " Fuel Tank Venting" and it came up (No suitable matches were found.)
i now learned to try different phrases. if i left off the ing on venting it came up
Sorry about that guys and thank you very much for your help :)
No need to apologize for a new thread, just watch where it goes when we get done venting :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
No need to apologize for a new thread, just watch where it goes when we get done venting :jester:

X2

I wasn't chiding you at all; just trying to help out a RR Brother in need.

No Coors Light while venting either. I don't care what the commercials say... :lol:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

X2

No Coors Light while venting either. I don't care what the commercials say... :lol:

hey ray stop yelling at the low poster we want him to stick around . :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :lock:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
we want him to stick around

So you can tell him repeatedly that he should have bought a '70 instead...??? :lol:
Run Forest, Run... :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:
we want him to stick around

So you can tell him repeatedly that he should have bought a '70 instead...??? :lol:
Run Forest, Run... :lmao:

I doubt that Stuie will say too much about that Ray, I'm sure you saw what the car's color is! :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Good call, Steve. Red cars get a pass in Stuie's world...and no steel roof to boot... :lol:

69roadrunnerragtop

Reaction score
LOL something really disturbing about you guys LOL

But serioulsy thanks for the help. i had a problem when the old tank was in. after driving the car for about a half hour or so my fuel pressure fuel pressure would drop to 1 -2 psi. after replacing the pump twice, all new lines and uped it to 1/2 inch line new 1/2 inch pick up. and still had the problem i'd figured it had to be a venting problem. my sender return port was capped since it was not being used. the next one over at the top was capped off. and the one to the right of that i think is where it was hooked up. so now after instaling the tank. i hooked my vent up to the port on the left and i made a second vent tube that goes up and just bends down like a "J" and hooked that to the one on the right. ( from lying under the car looking to the back)
is it possible thease ports have some kind of one way flow?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69roadrunnerragtop said:
LOL something really disturbing about you guys LOL

But serioulsy thanks for the help. i had a problem when the old tank was in. after driving the car for about a half hour or so my fuel pressure fuel pressure would drop to 1 -2 psi. after replacing the pump twice, all new lines and uped it to 1/2 inch line new 1/2 inch pick up. and still had the problem i'd figured it had to be a venting problem. my sender return port was capped since it was not being used. the next one over at the top was capped off. and the one to the right of that i think is where it was hooked up. so now after instaling the tank. i hooked my vent up to the port on the left and i made a second vent tube that goes up and just bends down like a "J" and hooked that to the one on the right. ( from lying under the car looking to the back)
is it possible thease ports have some kind of one way flow?
Just a plain ole vent. Some guys make the mistake of putting a filter ahead of the pump which is a no no.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

X2

hey ray stop yelling at the low poster we want him to stick around . :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :lock:
Low poster? You make it sound like the newer guys are second class citizens :pot: And whats with you throwing the watermelon eating lock the thread smiley on everything lately, is it time to take you out behind the shed again son :leg: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahem... I believe that is a Cop with a Donut, not a watermelon, my friend with the easy access spark plugs... :basketcase:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming and you may go back to beating on Stuie... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Ahem... I believe that is a Cop with a Donut, not a watermelon, my friend with the easy access spark plugs... :basketcase:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming and you may go back to beating on Stuie... :lol:

That's a cop :lol: :lol: :lol: Quit biting my ankle :leg: :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Good call, Steve. Red cars get a pass in Stuie's world...and no steel roof to boot... :lol:

yes red and no top , i'm in love :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: u know i love 69's , i just love 70's more 69 runner was my first love , I just upgraded to a little better model . :jester:
for now i do still have my first love she just doesnt get out as much anymore .

Back