• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Guy Alert: Gotta give a tip of the hat to Sparkey...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So thanks to Mark (Sparkey) Bambi now has an original A12 hood that will go on when I do the resto. Mark found the hood (sitting in a guy's garage for 35 years), alerted me, and then bought it for me. He knew that Bambi was missing her original hood and had a repop in its place. These things can trade for some pretty good coins, so I was extremely pleased to get an opportunity to buy one for a reasonable amount. Just needs a few repairs and a repaint and it'll be ready to go! Thanks again, Mark - I owe you one! :cheers:

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's great Ray! :thumbsup: It's always nice to find those hard to find parts at a good price! And kudos to Mark for thinking of you. :cheers:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
cool ray......about 1997 i found one and the guy out in long island wanted 1200.00 for it......i cant image what they are going for today

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Way to go Mark :thumbsup: Keeping it with in the 69lamancha.net and to a real A12.

moparchris

Reaction score
Cool deal Ray! Seems that its one good guy after another over here on the Lamanch! Where is Mark anyways?

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Now get that puppy painted!

The hood or the entire car...? :lol:

Actually the guys from Time Machines are coming over to the house tomorrow morning to give me an estimate on doing the paint and bodywork on Bambilicious... They usually have a waiting list so I'm trying to figure out timing and finances. If I can finish and sell the 'bu in the next few months everything might just dove tail together nicely... We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed...

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Both.

My hope is they are a little hungry and will give you a good price.

You taking it to a show winner gold trailer queen or a great driver local winner?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and with the spirit of the season, and a show of good faith, and an effort to make up for all those one sided color war jokes, perhaps you should leave that nasty repop hood on the door step of a less fourtuniate member whose beloved pride and joyhas been cruley misscolored with a condiment..........[/color]

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and with the spirit of the season, and a show of good faith, and an effort to make up for all those one sided color war jokes, perhaps you should leave that nasty repop hood on the door step of a less fourtuniate member whose beloved pride and joyhas been cruley misscolored with a condiment..........[/color]

I could have predicted this development... :lol:

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase's biggest obstacle is that I'm a bit of hoarder... No comments from the greater Phoenix area are required... :lol:

sparkey

Reaction score
I'm glad it wasn't one of those goose chaces. When the guy told me he had this hood I ask how he knew it was not a repo and he said I bought it in 1973. Thats when the ole ticker started racing.The hood was just a little over an hour away and I got to look at 3 hemi cars. He said he payed 100.00 and it was sitting on top of a dog box. Truly a nice find and found a good home.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again, Mark. One of these Saturday nights I'll run up your way for that cruise in you were telling me about. Looking forward to buying you a beer and doing some bench racing... :cheers:

Back