• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good place for hardware

patrickmccaherty

Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding a good source for hardware. Mainly just bolts. (Correct bolts) on the 69 Convertible Roadrunner. I am getting doors put together to close before i start welding metal and was wondering if anyone had a good vendor for bolt packs or anything of the sort. I have the other car to rob but would rather not. Plus its 2 hrs away.

droptop

Reaction score
The best source is always a parts car. But we all know that is not always possible. RT Specialities is always a good source for fasteners and such.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I buy a lot of it on Ebay. Sometimes it's exact, sometimes it's close enough for me. You have to know what exactly you need and often Chrysler part numbers.

My favorite sellers (in no order) Quicksilverdiecast, Altha Fastener, and Retro Motive.

YMMV.

patrickmccaherty

Reaction score
Thanks. It just hit me today how much im missing. I do have a parts car but to see another convertible used for parts kinda makes me sick. Even though by heart im not a convertible guy.

69B5

Reaction score
When I restored my vert. I had to make a list of parts that I needed, especially the hard to find parts, and go to Carlisle and every other swap meet I could find.
It may take you longer, but like you said, You didn't care to part out your other vert.
It's nice to know that you care about these rare birds, but there are plenty of guys who only look for the money and are willing to tare these cars apart
Submit a list here and see what turns up
Good luck

jburt

Reaction score
Im near joliet. Plenty of coffee cans to dig through here.

tallhair

Reaction score
Im in Jacksonville il. Not too far from you. I've worked on Mascoutah and Sparta. My fathers shop is in Flora,Il

Jacksonville looks to be about 2 hrs north of me Patrick maybe I'll see you a show or something one of these days. I grew up a 1/2 hr from Flora and used to go to a salvage yard over there.

Back