• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grant Steering Wheel and Horn

dobie

Reaction score
I went with a Grant steering wheel because at the time I bought it I couldn't find a decent used wood grain wheel for less than $800. It seems now that there are decent repops from BE/A Parts for about $500. Anyways, the issue Im having is with the horn. It's on constantly. Only way to shut it off is by unplugging the horn relay from the horn. Even unplugging the horn button wire itself doesn't do anything. Something is not right obviously.

Anyone use of one their wheels and get the horn to operate correctly? I had thought that I had everything installed correctly, but apparently that's not the case.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

:cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
see what all that shiney new paint got ya...nuthin but trouble..... :acme:

cj69RR

Reaction score
Make sure the three bolts with the large shoulders are not pinching anything causing the horn button to be grounded. Also that the spring is not on or rubbing the floating piece that the you you attach the cap/horn button to. If the horn button is not on straight it will also cause the horn to do that, stay
on.

dobie

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It sounds like youve installed one of these before. You wouldn't happen to have any photos would you? I'm thinking I have mine not quite right..

cj69RR

Reaction score
No pics but you should be able to look the up the directions on their web site or summitt has directions you can down load alot of times.

dobie

Reaction score
Hmm. OK. I have the directions from Grant. As typical though, they leave a lot to be desired, especially with photos.

Thanks.

dobie

Reaction score
I disconnected the horn at the wheel last night and tore down the column to the turn signal switch. For some reason the horn still sounds when the relay is plugged in, so I don't think it has anything to do with the wheel itself. Its gotta be a wiring or relay issue. Is there any way to test if the relay is sticking without buying a new one? Or, anything I'm missing in the wiring itself?

Thanks.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I thought it was just me but over the years I have used 2 of those wheels and never got the horn to work on either.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
try the relay off that parts car in your garage......

Back