• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess Who

69rrvert

Reaction score
I did not fall off the face of the earth. Life for our family has really been busy over the past 1.5 years. In October of '07 my MIL was diagnosed with colon cancer and eveything pretty much went on hold then. Unfortionatly for us, she lost the cancer battle on 11/17/08 but is now home living the big life. While trying to find things to do with the kids while my wife was away a lot of nights and weekends, the kids and I got involved with "geocaching" and it has just about consumed me. The kids love to go caching and it is a great family activity. Visit http://www.geocaching.com , type in your zipcode, and see how many hidden treasures are right under your nose. Basically, it is a world wide scavenger/treasure hunt with a GPS. My plans are to get the Road Runner back to my house in the next few weeks and try to get back into the car thing as well. I also have a '67 Chevy truck that I would like to get started on as well. There is just not enough time in the day to play. I'll try to stay on board a little more often. Thanks - 69rrvert

69rrvert

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Welcome back Steve. Sorry to hear about your MIL. Are you still out at Bayer?

Good morning John. Yep, I am still at Bayer. Are you on this shift now? I am finishing up my last night, going into my 3 days off. Thanks - 69rrvert

John69RR

Reaction score
Getting ready to leave home and head to work in about 10 minutes. The Kemah Cruise has been shut down. Same reason as the last few. Lack of respect by the younger crowd. The internet is off limits at work now. Can only read it at home.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
:sada: .Glad you made it back. When it was new we found a couple treasures, its fun!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It's good to have you back Steve. Cancer is a tough thing to have. I lost my father to cancer back in '81.

69rrvert

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Now I have to figure out how to get the '67 truck and the Road Runner in the garage at the same time. That is the main reason why the Raod Runner has been sitting. When I got the truck, I had to take the Road Runner to my parents house. They have a 25 x 50 and 30 X 60 shops. Plenty of room over there. I'll try and get it shoehorned in mine so it will be close to me. Thanks - 69rrvert

69rrvert

Reaction score
John69RR said:
The Kemah Cruise has been shut down. Same reason as the last few. Lack of respect by the younger crowd.

Did Chick-fil-e shut it down or did people just quit coming. That's what I like about the Niftee50's cruise. No late model cars or "tuners" allowed and they have security. Thanks - 69rrvert

John69RR

Reaction score
It was either Chick-Filet or the the local police. I've heard that another one ha started nearby, I believe it is the Home Depot on 518.

Back