• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

had a blonde moment!LOL

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Had the runner out yesterday fig I would let it run and warm up. went to get the video cam and the idle dropped down and started acting funny! WTF! then it shut off and would not start, :huh: started thinking, spark,orange box , ballist resister. after 10 mins realized it was out of gas ! :facepalm:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
That's funny. I'm REALLY impressed that your engine runs without spark plug wires- how did you accomplish that? :jester: The engine bay looks so much cleaner without all those wires running everywhere. (referring to your avatar)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
we've all had that kinda moment...... :crazy:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Well at least it was an easy fit and cheap one to.

Nothing serious :thumbsup:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
the way the gas prices are going up it wont be cheap for long! :brickwall: whats up with that? the oil spill is out of the news so they got to raise prices for cleanup :toetap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I think this time of year it goes up because they are changing over to "winter blend", then in the spring it goes up when they change back to "summer blend". BS

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I think this time of year it goes up because they are changing over to "winter blend", then in the spring it goes up when they change back to "summer blend". BS
That's part of it Dave, but also anytime the Dollar looses value, and since the world uses the Dollar to buy oil, the price goes up! :brickwall:

glhcarl

Reaction score
I had one of those moment once! I was on my way to the market to get a loaf of bread. Started the car and turn on the head lights, backed out of the driveway and dimmed the lights, into total darkness. I hit hit the dimmer switch again and the brights came back on hit the switch again total darkness. What could be the problem, the only thing I could think of was that the dimmer switch went bad. So the next day I went and picked up a new switch, put it in and 'no help' still no low beams. While I was sitting there thinking what the problem could be, a friend stops by. I explain the problem and he says, "you have only had one low beam for over a month, I bet the other burned out too. Fifteen minutes and two new sealed beams later I had High and Low beams again?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
glhcarl said:
I had one of those moment once! I was on my way to the market to get a loaf of bread. Started the car and turn on the head lights, backed out of the driveway and dimmed the lights, into total darkness. I hit hit the dimmer switch again and the brights came back on hit the switch again total darkness. What could be the problem, the only thing I could think of was that the dimmer switch went bad. So the next day I went and picked up a new switch, put it in and 'no help' still no low beams. While I was sitting there thinking what the problem could be, a friend stops by. I explain the problem and he says, "you have only had one low beam for over a month, I bet the other burned out too. Fifteen minutes and two new sealed beams later I had High and Low beams again?

After reading this Carl it reminded that some time ago that same thing happened to my mothers car. I couldn't figure out what was going on either, and I don't remember now how I finally did get it fixed!

mannye

Reaction score
lol That happened to me once when I got to work so excited I forgot to shut the car down. I got out 12 hours later and the car had idled all the gas away! (yes... there were "natural chemicals" involved)

Back