• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Had lunch with Mr. and Mrs. BillyC yesterday

mcmopar

Reaction score
As the title says - I had the good pleasure to meet up with Bill and Merrill at the Tony Roma's down by the airport. What a great couple! I was very surprised by Merrill's attitude toward Bill's road runner - she was really into it! I expressed my surprise to her and she said "I didn't grow up playing with dolls and such things - I grew up playing with die-cast cars and trucks. I still have them, too." Plus, she's got a '95 Camaro that sounds like a nice ride, too.
I drove the runner down and they looked it over since they are going to be doing some work to their runner. Bill took pics and we got some pics of us standing by the car. The problem is we had to use their camera since I went and left mine at home! As soon as Bill emails the pics to me after they get home (they'll be jetting out Friday) I'll get them posted.
We must have spent about 3 hours or so just shooting the breeze. The manager asked about the car as soon as we came in the door. Seems he had a '70 383 4-speed road runner way back when. He came over to our table a little later and told us he'd gone out and had a look at the car. He was really into it!
We've definitely got a great bunch on this forum. I hope one day we can all meet up and have a :grouphug: . :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a great time! :thumbsup:

I'll have to echo your sentiments about our collection of RR-Loving Misfits here; everyone that I've ever met in person has been absolute top shelf, and I would dare say the exact same about everyone that I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting in person. I'm with you on organizing a 69LaMancha.net meet-n-greet...but knock it off with the :grouphug:

:jester:

BTW John - let me know when one of the bigger planned cruises at Old Town pops up on your radar this year; Andy & the Mrs. & I want to head over your way. I'll wear a poncho while eating this time... :lol:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Ok - I'll investigate that one. I'm sure I can round up a few more guys down here that can come on down, too. My buddy in the club, Ed Faath, drove his '68 Hemi Super stock clone to the club meet last Sat. night. I know he'll join us if he is in town (he's a pilot for a major shipping carrier). That car was in Mopar Muscle about 1-2 years ago. Its a beauty.
As for the :grouphug: I assure you its not a :gay: thing! :jester:

BBillyC

Reaction score
Hey Guys. Just back from Orlando where my wife (nickname e-bay) and I met John. We had lunch and lots of RR discussion. Merrill and I were disappointed that we missed the "Old Town Cruise" but we went to a concert that night which is why we flew to Orlando. We took some pics and I am sending them to John today as soon as he sends me his e-mail but I am going to post this one of John and Merrill by his bird.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
BBillyC said:
Hey Guys. Just back from Orlando where my wife (nickname e-bay) and I met John. We had lunch and lots of RR discussion. Merrill and I were disappointed that we missed the "Old Town Cruise" but we went to a concert that night which is why we flew to Orlando. We took some pics and I am sending them to John today as soon as he sends me his e-mail but I am going to post this one of John and Merrill by his bird.
Billy, you look good in green :lmao: I just can't help myself :leave:

BBillyC

Reaction score
Thats Johns green and my wife in pink. I'm red myself. Great fun. I hope to meet more of you someday soon. We should have a 69roadrunner.net cruise somewhere....warm.

Back