• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Harmonic Balancer and torque spec

OcalaRoadKing

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm sure this has been answered before but I'm too lazy to go through all the posts. First, how do I know I have the new harmonic balancer I installed in the right position on the shaft. I normally take pictures before I do anything to the engine but I forgot to this time. Second question, what is the recommended torque for the bolt? I've seen 90 ft/lbs and 135 ft/lbs. The rebuild references I bought conflict on this. I appreciate all your help. Thank you! Mike

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a key in the crankshaft snout and a corresponding slot in the harmonic balancer. You cannot put it on wrong. 135 ft/lbs.

Stating that you are too lazy to search and then expecting someone else to provide you with an answer is a really good way to piss people off. We have some really knowledgeable, long-time members on here that just don't bother answering questions anymore because this is the prevailing attitude and they are fed up with it. Your time is no more valuable than anyone else's... Just sayin'.

V.R.D

Reaction score
what i dont get is someone will pay 600 bucks for a cam shaft but won't buy s factory service manual hell my mopar has a pdf free down load.

i agree i won't answer these post as the info is in a different post or a free info on the net.

if i did not read a book [you know that heavy paper brick to heavy to lift or no one will read it for me ] i would never been able to fix a car for a living

OcalaRoadKing

Reaction score
There is a key in the crankshaft snout and a corresponding slot in the harmonic balancer. You cannot put it on wrong. 135 ft/lbs.

Stating that you are too lazy to search and then expecting someone else to provide you with an answer is a really good way to piss people off. We have some really knowledgeable, long-time members on here that just don't bother answering questions anymore because this is the prevailing attitude and they are fed up with it. Your time is no more valuable than anyone else's... Just sayin'.
OK! Please, those in charge, remove me from this site. I REALLY don't appreciate your nasty feedback. But thanks! You made me laugh.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
OK! Please, those in charge, remove me from this site. I REALLY don't appreciate your nasty feedback. But thanks! You made me laugh.
You are not getting off that easy, the guy in charge pissed you off :rofl:Grow some thicker skin and do a little research.

droptop

Reaction score
I think that can be arranged seeing how Acme A12 is a moderator here. LOL. Heck, you got the answers to your questions in the first sentence of his reply in less than a hour of your original post. I do believe I would have been saying thanks instead of get me out of here.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Ray did it again...hurt someone's feelings. Put your Big Boy pants on and do a little research..and if you're admitting your too lazy to do it...don't expect any help here. .VRD, the Factory Service Manual is on file in the Tech Section of this site.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Too bad you feel that way but you set yourself up with that second sentence. You got a quick response because there are a lot of knowledgeable guys here more then willing to help. But when someone says things like that then you are going to be SOL in getting help without trying to find answers yourself before you ask questions.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
I put a little grease on the shaft lined it up, slipped it on and tightened the nut with an air impact till it stopped.

Back