• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head count for the NATS in Columbus

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Bobby lives on the surface of the sun, and Chris works in fire, so they'll be cold....

Coyote

Reaction score
No Dragweek this year, time and money. I've done so far: Raleigh GG, Rhinebeck, NY GG, Columbus GG (worked part of it, Host Club). Local stuff too.

Upcoming, already entered: Tri5 Nats in Bowling Green, KY, Charlotte GG, GG Nostalgia in Bowling Green. If money's avail. and car's done , Woodward Dream Cruise with the MOPAR is anticipated the week after NATS that I'm missing. Same weekend as Tri5 Nats.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
.....and wet. 100% chance of rain on Sat and Sun. Looking like we might as well stay home. Will make a final decision on Fri morning.

Guess I deserve that Harold its the same thing I did when you were in Vegas, the weather kept me away.

quikbird

Reaction score
Typical ohio weather, changes quickly. Current forecast is about 90 and 50% chance of rain. That usually means thunderstorm and moves on. So carry an umbrella and enjoy. :shower:

droptop

Reaction score
Yeah, that is just about the way our whole summer has been. It's just that Sat is the only day we can go to the show and I don't want to deal with being out in a severe thunderstorm. Been there and didn't like it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
The last time I went to the Nats 2 yrs ago they were calling for showers every day that weekend and each tv station had a different forecast. Didn't see a drop all weekend so you just never know.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
August in Ohio...it will be hot, humid, and chance of rain. In all the years of the Nats I've been to never had rain.Yeah I remember that Steve, calling for rain unill the day before.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
August in Ohio...it will be hot, humid, and chance of rain. In all the years of the Nats I've been to never had rain.Yeah I remember that Steve, calling for rain unill the day before.
yeah, and the temps weren't that bad with relatively low humidity.

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Anyone at the Nats walking the corral, would you mind snapping some pics of 68/69 RRs in the $5K to $12K range? I couldn't make it this year and I am trying to get a better idea of what's out there in this price range. I know anything in this range will be a project, but that is what I am looking for to pick up and work on restoring with my 5 year son. It sure would help out for when I find something to know what is a reasonable price. Thanks guys!

Side note: I haven't been to the Nats in probably 28+ years. We always went to local shows or later to Carlisle.

But the last time I was at the Nats, I was probably around 6 or 7. My parents went out looking around and when they got back my Mom had bought me and my younger brother Mopar shirts.

We were so excited. She pulled my brother's out, Sublime Green, and then she pulled mine out, "Hemi Orange".

I started to get upset and she didn't know why. She kept asking why I didn't like the shirt.

Mean while all my aunts and uncles are laughing historically, which just made it worse.

Someone finally told her to take off her sunglasses.

The shirt was light pink!

Her glasses were tinted and she swore it was orange!

My dad just looked at her and said, "I told you so".

Needless to say, she felt so bad she immediately went back out and bought me another shirt.

We still joke about that anytime someone is wearing tinted sunglasses.

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
5-12k range on a 69 RR.... None this year. In fact the only one in there was a non numbers Hemi car and the asking price was 165k. And very friendly. It waved at you as you just walked by.

quikbird

Reaction score
Will post some pics in the next day or so.
Don, remember everyone bumps the price up about 30-50% at the car corral. Mopar Chris and 69hemibeep were taking a good look in corral. Might have more info for you. There was a nice, I think 71, just painted with a small block for $10,500.

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Thanks droptop! Yeah 165k, out of my range for sure!

I was talking to my uncle about going to the Nats next year, but have read a lot of people have said it has gone down hill. How was it this year? Worth it, or would I be better off going to Carlisle?

quikbird

Reaction score
Only possible answer, go to both!
Never been to Carlisle, but Nats has a little more race orientation.

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Quickbird, awesome, thanks so much guys! I was thinking that might be the case there with the pricing. Back when I was going to Carlisle that seamed to be the case, but sometimes there were some deals to be had. Wondering if some cars might pop up online for sell for those that couldn't off load at the Nats. My favorite is a 69, but I always like the 71/72s. When I was going to Carlisle, my uncle's friend had an orange 71, and I always thought it was bad a$$!

Also, Please tell me if I am crazy with my expectations. That's one of the reasons I joined, to get feedback and advice from you guys as I look for, buy, and restore my dream car. I would rather know and adjust my budget than keep looking blindly.

Back