• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headers

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
When I bought these off of eBay about a year ago, the guy said they were off of a 69 GTX with a 4 speed and power steering.........I've been lied to before so I thought I would mock it up to make sure there would be room for my z-bar. :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Finished........Second pic has sun shining on it making it look more white......hard to tell where you have painted and not. Very close to sandblasted steel in color.........So there you have it, HILLBILLY Ceramic in less than 2 hours............ :lol: :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks great Gary. If I could take my out, I'd do the same. But when I take headers out, it's usually with the blue flame....

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to sound negative but the one time I tried used headers they leaked like crazy, you may want to test run them with a temporary exhaust before hooking up a pernament exhaust system to them.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I figure I'll break the cam in with open headers just to make the neighbors happy.......I did check the sealing surface and they look good. That doesn't mean that they won't leak where the 4 go into the collector though. :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
The most important thing to remember when using headers is to use quality header gaskets at the head/header meeting surface. I've always used tti's gaskets (since I have their headers) and have never suffered a burn through or a leak. I also use a copper collector to header pipe gasket and so far have had great success. There are malleable aluminum gaskets available which seem to work well also.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
The most important thing to remember when using headers is to use quality header gaskets at the head/header meeting surface. I've always used tti's gaskets (since I have their headers) and have never suffered a burn through or a leak. I also use a copper collector to header pipe gasket and so far have had great success. There are malleable aluminum gaskets available which seem to work well also.
:thumbsup: I'll do it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I figure I'll break the cam in with open headers just to make the neighbors happy.......I did check the sealing surface and they look good. That doesn't mean that they won't leak where the 4 go into the collector though. :thumbsup:

:huh: hmmmm....one of these days I'll hafta take the header caps off and cruise around. probably won't even get noticed. this is county fair time, and half the neighborhood is doing derby cars..

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
Hoosier Bird said:

:huh: hmmmm....one of these days I'll hafta take the header caps off and cruise around. probably won't even get noticed. this is county fair time, and half the neighborhood is doing derby cars..

The Randolph County fair was one of my favorites when I lived up there... Really good demo derby action... :thumbsup:

:jester:

Back