• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Box Broken Gizmo? Help

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I need to know what the brown plate with two screws Gizmo is on the passenger side of the heater box, during removal of the heater box, tried to pull the plug loose from what i guess is a primitive temp meter?, the device broke. What is it and I hope someone has one for sale somewhere? Help......:torn:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought that you might jump in there Mac, but rather than sign you up without warning, I played it close to the vest. :cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
So you know what it is and how it works....

It's a resistor for the heater blower. When the blower is on high speed, the switch directs current directly to the blower motor. On lower speeds, the current is directed through the resistor and slows the blower motor down.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So you know what it is and how it works....

It's a resistor for the heater blower. When the blower is on high speed, the switch directs current directly to the blower motor. On lower speeds, the current is directed through the resistor and slows the blower motor down.

I had a girl friend with one of those :rimshot::lmao:

Back