• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater Core

V269

Reaction score
Upon further inspection of the heater ductwork I see that there is a panel that is screwed to the front of the box. The connector is pluged into it for the fan motor. My question is, can you access the heater core behind this panel or do you have to take the whole assembly out to swap the core ? Would make it much easier if I could just take off the panel and switch the core this way. Any idea's. :huh:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
just for reference you will need to remove the heater box and then remove this panel:
IMG_1376.jpg

and then the heater core can be removed after removing these 4 screws.
IMG_1372-1.jpg
IMG_1379-1.jpg

V269

Reaction score
Awesome pics Mac. It would be nice if my heater box looked like your's. All new and stuff. It look's like there is 2 bolt's on the firewall side and a metal strap on the front side that hold's it in place. Am I missing anything else that will hold it from coming down ? :cheers:

V269

Reaction score
mac said:
there is a total of 3 studs that go through the firewall along with the support strap.

Thank Ya, Thank Ya very much. Elvis has left the building. :jester:

V269

Reaction score
Well thank's to Mac for the great pics and to the rest of you who chimed in on my heater core question. I took the ductwork down today and swapped out the old core for the new one. :thumbsup: Was a pretty simple job actually. Found out that the old one was leaking from a couple spots. Get some new heater hoses and it's ready to go. :beep: :banana:

Back