• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello, I'm new here.

Evensteven

Reaction score
Hello All! New to the form, old to Mopars. My first car was a '69 Roadrunner in 1972, I had just turned 16. Bought it from my older brother. That car is long gone and now I'm yearning for a replacement.

It was in B5 blue with blue interior and about as plain Jane as you could get: 383, bench seat with auto on the column, 3.23 gears. That was a fun car!

Wouldn't mind some options, A/C would be nice. Also P/S, P/B. Hemi is out of the question, too rich for my blood but wouldn't mind a 440. 4-speed? Maybe. Also looking as GTX but they're nowhere near as plentiful.

So far just window shopping about 20 or so of the on-line dealers. Looks like prices for nice clean ones start at about 60K.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Strong budget. But if your set on Air and a 440, the GTX might be your best option. Especially if you're looking at 1969 models.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. It is a hunt for these cars, and you just have to keep looking. Found mine near buy and need a lot of work to say the least. Are you looking for one finished or a project car. Hope you find it no matter what.

Evensteven

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. It is a hunt for these cars, and you just have to keep looking. Found mine near buy and need a lot of work to say the least. Are you looking for one finished or a project car. Hope you find it no matter what.
Not really interested in a project. I owned 3 Mopars in the '70s and '80, rebuilt an engine for one and have replaced more starters, alternators, and water pumps than I can remember. Brakes, headers, carburetors, distributors, you name it. I mainly just want to drive it :) I Am torn between getting show car quality and getting a nice driver. Will probably go with the driver, will be happier, and probably save some money.

cosgig

Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of Roadrunners. I hope you find a good solid driver, that would be the best way to have some fun.

torredcuda

Reaction score
You`ll get a much better deal private sale, probably save $20k. Some, but not all, of those dealer cars are perfumed pigs, make sure you check it over very carefully.

Back