• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with pin stripe location

Beep Beep

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to determine what is the correct location of the V7w painted on pin stripe on my 69 RR. I have searched everywhere, and have come up with several different answers. Would anyone know what is the correct measurement for the stripe from the body line? I know the stripe is 1/8 painted and ends before the quarter extension. Any help would be appreciated.

Rumrunner

Reaction score
I have a 68. On a 68 it's a Black rectangle on the hood.

I found the measurements and correct paint code online - Authentic Restoration (Product?) (But I did have to dig)
Good Luck!

RonLiv

Reaction score
"The accent stripe was a singular painted stripe applied to the quarter panel, door, and fender by a machine with rollers on the assembly line. The stripe is 1/8 inch in thickness with the top of it starting 5/8 inch below the top of the quarter panel, door and fender. The stripe begins at the taillight assembly and traverses the car, ending 5 5/8 inches from the leading edge of the fender. At the front of the car there should be an 1/8 inch angle where the top edge comes to a triangular point on the bottom edge of the stripe. It is correct to wrap the stripe around the edges of the doors, fenders, and quarters."

Muscle Cars in Detail
1969 Plymouth Road Runner

Buy this book.

Last edited:

Beep Beep

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely order that book. The front measurement is 5 5/8 ?

Back