• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with TTI Header and Exhaust Order

JJRJR

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm getting ready to order my complete header/exhaust package from TTI. Seems to be many options, sizes, etc. and I wanted to get your thoughts before I shelled out the money. I have a 383 with Eddy RPM Aluminum heads (hand ported), good sized cam, 1.6 rocker ratio, Holley 750 double-pumper, etc. I'm told it should be in the range of 440 to 470 HP with a bit over 500 ft/lbs of TQ.

I'm thinking of going with the 17/8th headers, with 3" pipes all the way back and the chrome oval Plymouth tips. Going with the X Pipe configuration as well. The system comes with DynoMax Super Turbo Mufflers. There are also several different coating options for the headers and/or pipes. (polished ceramic, ceramic coated, nickel chrome, raw mild steel)

Any pointers? Are those mufflers the way to go? How about coating? Good/Bad??

Thanks so much,

John

moparchris

Reaction score
Good choice of mufflers, coating is the way to go as well. The 3 inch size is too big a 2.5 system will make better power. :cents:

mcmopar

Reaction score
When I contacted tti about my setup they recommended the 1-7/8" headers and 3" pipes. They work well and sound awesome. You'll need them with the flow your combination is putting out. I have them and the only thing you need to be aware of is the gas tank to frame rail space is limited but easily do-able. Super Turbo's are good mufflers but I wanted more flow so I went with Magnaflow stainless 3" units. If you use these mufflers you will need to get the extenders tti offers because they are just a tad too short to mate to the pipes. If you watched my video you will hear how they sound at idle. If you don't want the additional expense (although very minor) of the pipe extenders the Super Turbo's are the way to go.
Going with coated headers is the way to go. Mine are chrome and are showing their age. They looked great when new and still aren't bad looking but the coating offers more protection. Get them coated inside and out. It is expensive but well worth it in the long run.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
I didn't buy tti's exhaust tips because they were embossed with their logo and just clamped on the tail pipe versus the hanger being integrated with the tip. Instead I bought the 3" stainless tips from mancini. I had to cut the tail pipe back in order to use them but I think they look much better. :cents:
I have the 3" X pipe system on my 440 with the super turbo muffs and it's great. :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I got my oval tips at Mancini also. Since the tailpipes have hanger tabs on them I just cut them off the tips. Tips fit perfectly for me.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Great advice guys thanks! Def want tips with the hangar tabs.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Update: Just ordered the entire header and X pipe combination from TTI. Went with the Polished Ceramic coating. Can't wait to hear them.

John

Back