• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

here is where it started

mac

What ?
Reaction score
back when i was 19. just had to have it. man that car cost me alot of money on traffic tickets :lol:
Scan0010.jpg
Scan0011.jpg

here is a car i had owned for about 3 days. sold for parts on ebay :devil:
IMG_0273.jpg

here is the next project waiting for spring. 1941 buick business coupe.
IMG_1392.jpg
IMG_1395.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I like the color combo on your first car. I was like you Mac, and bout the same age, when I got my first '69 Runner, which I just had to have. I managed to stay out of trouble though. That Bee behind the Cuda looks good, any story there?
I like the Buick too. My first antique car was a '41 Plymouth, so I love the cars of that era. I had fun with that car and often wish I could get another one.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
something about that first runner says "look'n for trouble". sounds like you found it!

droptop

Reaction score
The first thing that went through my mind when i saw you first runner was 'here kitty kitty kitty' :lmao: An inline eight cylinder with dual carbs on that Buick. Very high torque engine for that era. Looks to be a good cruiser.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
droptop said:
The first thing that went through my mind when i saw you first runner was 'here kitty kitty kitty' :lmao: An inline eight cylinder with dual carbs on that Buick. Very high torque engine for that era. Looks to be a good cruiser.

from the info i have gathered the 1941 buicks with compound carbs were the highest rated HP for that year.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
mac said:
here is a car i had owned for about 3 days. sold for parts on ebay :devil:
The bad thing is, this looks like a good fixer upper to me........ :loco:

that car had alot of good parts but no numbers anywhere. :brickwall:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plymouthfan said:
Nice stuff! What wheels are on that Runner? I can't tell from that angle...

Neat car, Mac! I was wondering about the wheels myself. Looks like it had GTX/Sport Satellite taillights also...or is that just the angle that the picture was taken?

:thumbsup:
Ray

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i am quite sure those were the proper tail lights and as for those rims, they had an insert to change the size of the bolt pattern. i have no idea who made them. they were stolen among other pieces from that car when i was at a stag party in the city. :brickwall: those tires were to big. never could have any rear passengers. they would rub real bad. :drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
[quote="mac"those tires were to big. never could have any rear passengers. they would rub real bad. :drive:[/quote]

yeah, but they looked good!

John69RR

Reaction score
When I bought my RR it could have passed for a double of yours. Same color combo, vinyl top and a HT. My hard drive went south so I need to re-scan my pictures.

Back