• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

heres an odd one for yas

mopartink

Reaction score
Ok the heads im using for this summer on my 440 use chevy sparkplugs.. i have 11.5:1 compression and am wondering which plugs to use. chevy uses an autolite 25 or 26, 26 supposedly being the hotter plug wich i figured id want but my friend whos a chevy guy said that being hotter or colder isnt the actual case the reason they say hotter or colder is that the 25 detonates at a colder temperature than the 26 and id actully want the 25 because of my compression... just wondering what you guys think and also if anyone knows what the plug gap should be on those? is it the same as regular chrysler plugs or is it different cause theyre gm plugs? Im also about to put the distributer in and get it running and wondering with my compression, the chevy plugs, and all the msd stuff 6al box, blaster2 coil, pro billet distrubitor, and adjustable timing controller, what you guys would reccomend setting the base timing at? thanks guys for any help and input..

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
TELL THEM ABOUT VERY RICH{EYES BURNING} WHEN IDLING AND FALLS ON ITS FACE... BALLS TO THE WALLS...TOO

zupanj

Reaction score
I think you want the colder plug with that much compression. It has longer insulator and will help suppress detonation. I would set them at 0.035" just like most plugs.

cj69RR

Reaction score
With the MSD set up you can also open the gap up a little if you like to. The MSD can throw some spark.

zupanj

Reaction score
Good point. I missed the MSD part when I read the first time. MSD recommends a gap as wide as 0.050 -0.060" I believe. I think I set mine at 0.050" and it works fine.

Back