• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys, Been awhile. Have a steering gear adjustment?

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
I looked at the manual but could not find the proper adjustment for getting some slop out of the steering, yes I know the original power steering unit is probably worn out and needs to be replaced by a firm feel unit, but need $$$ first as usual. But wanted to check everything first.

I have looked at other threads and see the nut and flat head screw and tried to back off the nut and turn the screw in 1/8 -1/4" in but did not see any difference. Should I go more?

I looked at making the adjustment at the piston gear and sector gear and all I can assume is that screwing it in more just pushes the sector gear closer to the rack teeth in the worm gear and too tight would obviously bind the worm gear so I do not really want to go any more. Is there anything else that can be done?

Back