• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey guys.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome form Ohio. Beautiful runner. my first '69 was identical, except it didn't have the fender signals.
got any more pics? :drool: come back often!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Looks like an early build. The fender signals and the lack of headrests. So before the first of the year for sure. Lock buttons are farther forward than later cars as well.

A31PKG

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Looks like an early build. The fender signals and the lack of headrests. So before the first of the year for sure. Lock buttons are farther forward than later cars as well.

Also the black door handle buttons...

For 69 and up, I thought they moved the lock buttons forward across the board to make them harder to break in to?

moparstuart

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
SomeCarGuy said:

For 69 and up, I thought they moved the lock buttons forward across the board to make them harder to break in to?
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: 68 was in a different place but 69 and 70 are the same lock pull location ,

John69RR

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
SomeCarGuy said:

I thought they moved them forward to make it easier to lock. With the button more forward you did not have to "turn around" in the seat to lock the door. Also, what is the story on the black buttons? I have seen Satellites with black and early RR with black. Could they have just cleaned the shelves of 68 parts? Also my car has one 68 door and one 69 door. It was installed prior to me buying the car. I can probably count on one hand how many times the misplaced button was caught.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I think the black button was officially changed to plated in '69, but I'm sure there was some leftover stock that was still used on the assy line. Not to mention leftover parts dept inventory that was sold over the counter. I have seen a couple survivor 69's with the black handle buttons.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
Non-decor coupes alot of times have black buttons and forward door pulls.

But as this one appears to have A87...I will assume that you are just adding some additional color to this discussion, Rich.

the longhair

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Sweet!

What's the SPD? Looks like an early car?

9/27 now for a new can of worms, what color horn should I have? I read early 69's had black.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
the longhair said:
A31PKG said:
Sweet!

9/27 now for a new can of worms, what color horn should I have? I read early 69's had black.

That's probably right...it's not like they wern't going to use up the left over '68's.... :D

:jester:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
3BIRDS1X said:

But as this one appears to have A87...I will assume that you are just adding some additional color to this discussion, Rich.

as a curiosity Ray yours is a spring car since I know it has some sort of spring option, can't remember exactly what option :jester: and a non-decor pack do you have black door buttons and forward door locks my Jan. coupe does and always wondered if it was all of them or only thru a certain date or ?? I am kind of a fan of the stripped coupes you know.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
the longhair said:
A31PKG said:
Sweet!

If the date code on the horn falls near the build date keep it black if not paint it purple.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
ACME A12 said:
3BIRDS1X said:

as a curiosity Ray yours is a spring car since I know it has some sort of spring option, can't remember exactly what option :jester: and a non-decor pack do you have black door buttons and forward door locks my Jan. coupe does and always wondered if it was all of them or only thru a certain date or ?? I am kind of a fan of the stripped coupes you know.

Rich, mine is the very rare Texas Cowgirl Spring Stripper Option... :lol:

It's a VERY late A12 RR build. June 5th or 6th based on the K-Member - 1559 2 - which means that the engine was mated to the K-Member at the Trenton plant on June 4th second shift and then shipped over the next day. 286XXX VIN. There are some Super Bee A12s that run well into the 309XXX VINs, but the RRs end shortly after mine at about 298XXX. Only 22 RR A12 VINs are documented after mine. No black buttons and the door locks are forward.

Yes, I know very well that you love the strippers... :D

:jester:

Back