• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi all

RM23H9A

Reaction score
How yall doing My name is Bobby I form a town outside Portland Or. called forest grove. I stumbled upon your great sight while searching for a 1969 Roadrunner. I read around the posts and Yall seem to be a pretty mature low drama Forum and thought Id like to ad to your group I was a autobody and paint combo master tech for over 20 years in the collision industry at the same time I was doing highend driver/semi concourse type mopar restos not 100pt trailer queens my specialty being 68-70 b-bodys mostly Roadrunners although I have done my share of E and A bodys. My personal belief is mopars were made to drive and use so no matter how rare the car is take it out and use it drive sideways. Thats what they are made for. My first car a 69 bahamma yellow factory bucket seats console A/C D/B vinyl top hood stripe car I was 16 and it was 1991 in Muskogee Ok. I bought it in a field with no motor but pretty complete other wise for 500 $ the only rust was pass lower Qter and trunk floor no other rust at all. I was able to trace the the history back to the early 80s where it purchased out of wrecking yard in Mo. Had so many firsts in that car and the back seat was pretty dam roomy lol I was feared by many on the street race seen and the adults hated getting walked by the 16 year old kid in the yellow Roadrunner the motor was a pretty much stock 70 newyorker 440 with low miles I did cam it no idea what the cam was it was a freebies from a buddys dad I did spend some money on built set of 906's and and learned how to port match on a Edlbrock TM7 the car was built on almost no budget and most of the parts were donated or scrounged that Roadrunner left a mark on me that no other car has ever been able to replace and I have owned some very nice Roadrunners, Superbees, Cudas and Challengers but no other was that Roadrunner. That Roadrunner has broght me to this forum I was wondering if any of the members are from tulsa or muskogee area I might know any thing about it Thanks for your time and sorry about the long winded intro

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Welcome!

Low drama? You got it. We're pretty much no drama here! Mature??? I don't know.... There are a few of us that never really grew up....

Anyway, I was just in Muskogee a few months ago to see my father inlaw!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome from AZ. (Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional)

John69RR

Reaction score
Welcome from Texas. :cheers: :cheers: I lived in Tulsa in '75-'76 while going to school at Spartan. There was a huge Mopar junkyard on the northeast side of town. I can't remember if it was off of Garnett or Mingo. Went to the NHRA races at the drag strip on Garnett. McEwen, Prudohme and the Warren & Coburn "Rain for Rent" plus others. They all stayed at the Holiday Inn on 244 & Garnett where i worked while going to school. Those were some fun times.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's next Bobby. That's an interesting Mopar history you have there and it's great to see some more of the younger guys like yourself interested in these great old cars. And yeah, we do have some fun here so feel free to join in. FWIW, my '65 Formula "S" Barracuda came from Grants Pass, OR. It was last there in '06 before working it's way east.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Welcome Bobby! I know what you mean about your road runner leaving a mark on you. I still remember my first one and miss it. Great intro story and looking forward to having you in the group! :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
RM23H9A said:
Yall seem to be a pretty mature low drama Forum

:basketcase: that opinion will chage, especially when the Big Kauhana even mentions it!
Welcome Bobby. Great site here, lots of knowlage and fun, just don't take things tooo seriously! are you looking for another runner?

Back