• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High speed

V269

Reaction score
Were are in a gray area and do not have high speed internet. I called Bell Canada today and ordered the Rocket Stick for high speed. Can't wait to get rid of this stupid dial up. Soooo slow. :brickwall: Should be here in a few days.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
explain rocket stick.....when i built my place i never buried a cable ....1000 ft driveway....we have WILD BLUE...satillite internet.....not bad and according to consumers reports.... it beat out hughsnet

joewhite440

Reaction score
I tried to get Wild Blue but it was not available here. Just went to Hughesnet last month. It is a lot better than Dial up butt I have had a lot od issues in the 20 days I have had it. They just sent me a new Modem last week?

Joe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
explain rocket stick.....when i built my place i never buried a cable ....1000 ft driveway....we have WILD BLUE...satillite internet.....not bad and according to consumers reports.... it beat out hughsnet

I wonder if your problems with getting kicked off all the time are partly tied to your method of accessing the internet?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
I tried to get Wild Blue but it was not available here. Just went to Hughesnet last month. It is a lot better than Dial up butt I have had a lot od issues in the 20 days I have had it. They just sent me a new Modem last week?

Joe
Joe I figured back east you would be hounded by several companies, its not like the wild west where I make a note and it goes by Pony Express to Western Union, Morse coded to New Port Richy FL., then posted on the internet. Yes that's right, if I said anything bad or upset any one on here its because of Acme internet transcribing service.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Yes that's right, if I said anything bad or upset any one on here its because of Acme internet transcribing service.

I think that is the same group of clowns that run that 054 Radiator Disposal Business... :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

joewhite440

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
joewhite440 said:

Joe
Joe I figured back east you would be hounded by several companies, its not like the wild west where I make a note and it goes by Pony Express to Western Union, Morse coded to New Port Richy FL., then posted on the internet. Yes that's right, if I said anything bad or upset any one on here its because of Acme internet transcribing service.

Yes you are right. There is cable, DSl etc within 1/4 mile of me. I call where I live the TWILIGHT ZONE. The Road I live on is 12/10ths of a mile long. I am 5/10ths in from one end. There is a High Tension power line that crosses the road at about 1/2 way. The cable and new phone service come in the other end of my road and everyone has cable access on that end. No utility poles go under Power line to connect the whole road. My end of the road has 3 old families who lived on the end. They would not sign on to upgrade their phone service and would not sign on for the cable or city water. They all have antenas, Old phone service lines with the main hub 4 miles away( not even one extra line if we lose our phone) and their own private water lines running like spagetti across properties from the main road for their city water. None of them would unite to get anything together and make it nice for all. So I am forced to buy satelite services for TV and Internet. It is a shame but that is the price I pay to keep my wife living by her sister.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Mine is pretty good.

Road_Runner_1.jpg

mcmopar

Reaction score
Big John said:
Mine is pretty good.

Road_Runner_1.jpg

Yup, that's what I've got. Down here in Florida they are introducing a new service that is said to be 40mbs (vs the 15 I'm on) - that's cranking! I've got to find out how much that will be...

george68hemirr

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

I wonder if your problems with getting kicked off all the time are partly tied to your method of accessing the internet?
I JUST BOUGHT A NEW DELL LAPTOP.....works great and no throwoff yet.....i think its firefox

george68hemirr

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
69hemibeep said:
joewhite440 said:

Joe

Yes you are right. There is cable, DSl etc within 1/4 mile of me. I call where I live the TWILIGHT ZONE. The Road I live on is 12/10ths of a mile long. I am 5/10ths in from one end. There is a High Tension power line that crosses the road at about 1/2 way. The cable and new phone service come in the other end of my road and everyone has cable access on that end. No utility poles go under Power line to connect the whole road. My end of the road has 3 old families who lived on the end. They would not sign on to upgrade their phone service and would not sign on for the cable or city water. They all have antenas, Old phone service lines with the main hub 4 miles away( not even one extra line if we lose our phone) and their own private water lines running like spagetti across properties from the main road for their city water. None of them would unite to get anything together and make it nice for all. So I am forced to buy satelite services for TV and Internet. It is a shame but that is the price I pay to keep my wife living by her sister.
there are things we have to do to keep our little heads happy :facepalm:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW DELL LAPTOP.....works great and no throwoff yet.....i think its firefox
George, I use firefox with no issues :cents:

Back