• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Inserts what color ?

SgtLee511

Reaction score
69 Hood Inserts, My RR is bronze it has no black out striping, the inserts are bronze what color were those top air closures factory, paint is gone from them now, I plan on keeping this bird as close to original as i can..

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
69 Hood Inserts, My RR is bronze it has no black out striping, the inserts are bronze what color were those top air closures factory, paint is gone from them now, I plan on keeping this bird as close to original as i can..

R4 Rally red screens for the air grabber. Black without the air grabber, not sure how flat the black is though.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its just the inserts the housing is body color. I think the guy that mixed the red for me got it a bit to red.

roadrunner restoration 795.jpg

Last edited:

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Yea but I really like that, it stands out so. I plan to on the dog dish caps, with red line tires so I like that. As we say make it yours. My hood was rusted under the lip badly, I just found a replacement at a great price. and was taking the inserts off the old one and didnt see any color on the flat pieces, got to thinking may be they were all bronze originally.

Back