• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood wedge bumpers

WWheeler

Reaction score
Looking at the recent thread for turn signal bumpers made me think about the problem I had with my '70 RR hood wedge bumpers. There are (4) mounted on either side the fenders. Every one I have tried are way short of contacting the hood when it is closed. Like about 3/16" too short. If they don't contact the hood, what good are they? I don't have the originals, so don't know what they did. The hood is well centered and adjusted for correct height. This is a replacement hood, but the wedges did the same thing on the original hood.

I ended up super gluing a piece of rubber on to the contacting face of each wedge. Now the wedge bumpers just touch the notch outs in the hood when it is completely closed.

Anybody else had this issue?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
On my 69 they keep the hood from rubbing the fender's. See it on the left behind the water bottle. Hope this will help.

IMG_0116.JPG

WWheeler

Reaction score
Have you actually seen that they touch the hood when it is shut or just assume it does? I assumed and was wrong. I have the engine and subframe out and can clearly see the clearance from below when the hood is shut.

Engine bay looks great BTW.

Back