• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hotchkis swaybar

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Good day ,

Just wanted some input from you guys .

Friend has 68 RR wich he is rebuilding for street use.

He wants to buy the swaybars for front and rear from Hotchkis.

The diameter is 1 3/8" wich looks very large.

Anybody uses this or has friend?
I'm afraid it will be TO much !

Any input welkom.

Thanks for Help : Beep Beep

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
I don't know too much about them but it sounds a bit overkill unless the rest of the steering and suspension components are updated? I use the stock front sway bar, however all of the front end bushings are polygraphite, my torsion bars are 1.03" diameter and I use a Stage II Firm Feel steering gear. This combo tightened up the car big time. :cents:

mcmopar

Reaction score
With a sway bar that size it sounds like he wants to run the car in slalom racing! .094" dia. was stock iirc. If he wants want to drag race the car that sway bar setup will not be good for it.

mannye

Reaction score
Seems to me that if what he's trying to do is firm up the ride, he can get better and more drive-able results by doing things like bushings and shocks, etc. Maybe even save a penny or two.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Were doing the whole front and rear .
New poly bushings QA1 shocks , new leaf's , ect .

Car will be for street use only not drag race

The problem is that local moparts shop only has these overkill swaybars in stock.
The 1 1/8 "adcco" are to be special ordered and will not have this years shop price(read discount).

Thanks for replays until now.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd suggest mail ordering a smaller diameter (larger than stock though) set up if the local speed shop can't help you out...That bar is just too big for street duty... :cents:

I have the Addcos on one of the A-Bodies. Pretty nice. Love the rear set up in its entireity, but don't like the mounting brackets for the front - but I don't know if the B-Body version mounts in a similar fashion...

Back