• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Are You Celebrating Earth Day?

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Today is International Jazz day.
As Boortz said: "That horrible form of music searching for a melody."
https://jazzday.com/

Scared?
I think you are talking about the Cow Punk?
And I think me and EVH agree about modern commercial country music too.
It's a dead, void and repetitive.
All sounds the same.
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
Strictly for the "insiders" and meaningless.
Had to drag Dolly in kicking and screaming.
https://stompandstammer.com/feature-stories/von-haessler-doctrine/

"The world is collapsing around our ears. (True that. RT) I turn up the radio, and I can hear it all too loudly. It turns my stomach. It gives a headache. It insults my intelligence to the brink of endless disgust. You yearn for, at the very least, three chords (BOC and Status Quo. RT) and the truth. Instead you have heaps of mass meaninglessness or Auto-Tuned arrogance or raging rap/rape culture shoveled into your gaping piehole and are told to swallow it and high-five and say “yum!” and beg for more. That’s the reality of current commercial music radio.

Listen, I search out and discover great new music on a daily basis. I still go see amazing, inspiring bands multiple nights a week. It’s out there, if you care to find it. For the most part, however, it’s not going to be heard on the radio. Even college stations are increasingly being downsized or transformed into more NPR propaganda peddlers. So if I’m gonna do the collapse, I’d rather it be something at least anchored in the terrifying reality of the world instead of a throbbing synthetic skull-duller about how much fat pussy some thug’s gettin’ tonight. And if it makes me laugh, hey, all the better."

"Keep moving. Nothing to see here."
Just us dinosaurs.

Happy Trails.
1682854217247.png

Last edited:

RonLiv

Reaction score
"And I think me and EVH agree about modern commercial country music too."

Yes, I agree.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank to Billy Ray country has gone to rap type music. Icky ticky F in type country. Still can buy CD's and play what I like to listen to. Then that one boom box vehicle comes by at the traffic stop light and I can't hear anything but that junk. Thought Disco would never die but now look what we have to replace it. What is the world coming too. Guess that is what my parents were saying when rock and roll hit the seen. So I turn up my tunes and try and drown out that boom boom junk and drive out of their lives. Believe they will all need hearing aids before they hit 30. LOL. Long live Rock and Roll.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Here's a good brake (sic) down of the EV materials sources.

PS
The Long Ryders received the International Trailblazers Award from the Americana Music Association UK in January 2022. Nine months later, the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville honored the Long Ryders by including the band in a new exhibition titled “Western Edge: The Roots and Reverberations of Los Angeles Country-Rock.”
https://rockingmagpie.wordpress.com/2023/03/01/the-long-ryders-september-november-sometime/

Starting with the freewheeling Greenville, it’s a set of 11 new songs plus a cover of Tom Petty’s Walls. And while the latter might be a tribute to a huge star, what’s difficult to understand is how The Long Ryders didn’t end up as big as Petty in the first place.
https://maverick-country.com/album-reviews-the-long-ryders-psychedelic-country-soul/

There is no valley large enough
To keep me away with time
There is not a thought that is strong enough
To keep it from the edge of my mind
And when I'm riding on that airplane
Just about six miles high
Have to site back and wonder
Just how and why

You can learn how to ride a bike
Someone can show you how to
Wreck a car by age 16
You can do anything you want