• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How difficult to remove instrument panel w/o removing entire dash?

Rocket

Reaction score
How difficult to remove instrument panel w/o removing entire dash? The little pegs broke off my unit and I have another dash. Don't feel like removing the windshield. So how difficult is it and do you have any tips?

moparperf

Reaction score
It can be done, my son took mine out to fix a bad speedo. It is not an easy job.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I would try for a sunny day so the heat will soften up the dash pads. and have plenty of paintece..

cj69RR

Reaction score
Not to bad to do. Just need to make sure you have all the screws out and not force anything so you don't break something else.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
It's not hard, sometimes you have to be contortionist, make sure you have a lot of Band-Aid. I always cut up my knuckles back behind there.

Rocket

Reaction score
It's not hard, sometimes you have to be contortionist, make sure you have a lot of Band-Aid. I always cut up my knuckles back behind there.

I am thinking of just replacing the circuit board, since the reason I am replacing is the pegs on the middle connector are mostly broken off.

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
get a hot day and vasaline dash pads around the switches 24 hrs before and get out a butter knife and your picks and take out your steering assy and radio ash tray glove box insert that gives u the room and wear rubber gloves it has some sharp stuff under there and un hook your battery! TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THE SPEEDO CABLE! and a pillow enjoy

Back