• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I determine which radiator my car had?

vruk

Reaction score
How do I determine if my car had 22 inch radiator or 26 inch radiator?
Thanks.

A31PKG

Reaction score
x2

If the car was originally equipped with a Hemi or 440 6BBL, or (if 383) an axle package, or A/C (I do believe that at least the 3:55 axle package was available with A/C) the opening was enlarged about 4" on the passenger side of the core support to accomodate the larger 26" radiator...

:thumbsup:

vruk

Reaction score
A31pkg & sixgunrunner68, thank you. Confirms the path I been trying to go.
It is strange how it seems difficult to find online info on the radiator subject.
I have the 383.
The opening is exactly 22inches, the car currently has a radiator that measures 26inches and the core overlaps the opening by 4 inches and the drivers side bolts are only things holding radiator in.
There are 4 ancher nuts around the perimeter of the 22inch opening.
Therefore with your replies and what I've said, do you agree that I need the 22inch?
Where the h_ _ _ am I going to get one of those?
Yearone has them but not original type right?

A31PKG

Reaction score
Check out Glen Ray Radiators....they probably have one...

Incidentally, a 26" radiator (as you have discovered) will physically bolt up to a 22" core support...seen many over the years.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Check out Glen Ray Radiators....they probably have one...

Incidentally, a 26" radiator (as you have discovered) will physically bolt up to a 22" core support...seen many over the years.
My car is an example. It has a 22" core support but had a 26" radiator swapped in. They used the 22" mounting points on the left side and drilled new holes for the right side so it leaves about 3-4 " of the 26" rad more or less blocked from fresh air.

vruk

Reaction score
You guys are good.
I will let ya know what I decide.
Thanks.

Back