• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inspiration for the A12 guys.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
Ralph Barbagallo's car.

Ray
You know that car! :thumbsup:

Well, let's see...White post 4-speed, with blue deluxe bench interior, A87, and wearing promo disks...that narrows it down pretty well...and knowing where you live and approximately where he lives...I just put two and two together... His car was one of the RRs featured in the A12 building at Carlisle this year...been in the family since it was new...

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
beautiful :thumbsup: ....but those steelies........

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
beautiful :thumbsup: ....but those steelies........

Yeah...and his body guy has the same "wide" philosophy on trunk gaps as Steve's does... :lmao:

:acme:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
[quote="ACME A12":26j5amtf]Ralph Barbagallo's car.

Ray
You know that car! :thumbsup:

Well, let's see...White post 4-speed, with blue deluxe bench interior, A87, and wearing promo disks...that narrows it down pretty well...and knowing where you live and approximately where he lives...I just put two and two together... His car was one of the RRs featured in the A12 building at Carlisle this year...been in the family since it was new...

:jester:[/quote:26j5amtf]
Yeah, he runs that cruise-in that I often talk about. The car belonged to his wifes' uncle. The story goes that the car towed a trailer from Maine to Texas when they moved down there. Then a second time when they moved back to Maine.

A12

Reaction score
Thanks! Nice A12 and great story behind it! Talked to Ralph a few times before I found out about his A12. He bought a good friend of mine '70 440+6 Road Runner that was being used for F.A.S.T. racing before and after he got it from my friend Mike Wowk. Mike and Dave Dudak started the F.A.S.T. series a few years ago and I saw the '70 rr at the track and we talked a few times but Ralph never mentioned the beautiful A12 until right before he started to restore it. It made it into the magazine along with the great story behind it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
A12 said:
Thanks! Nice A12 and great story behind it! Talked to Ralph a few times before I found out about his A12. He bought a good friend of mine '70 440+6 Road Runner that was being used for F.A.S.T. racing before and after he got it from my friend Mike Wowk. Mike and Dave Dudak started the F.A.S.T. series a few years ago and I saw the '70 rr at the track and we talked a few times but Ralph never mentioned the beautiful A12 until right before he started to restore it. It made it into the magazine along with the great story behind it.
Ralph has two '70s that he races. Was this the bronze car? He also has a black one.

A12

Reaction score
Ralph has two '70s that he races. Was this the bronze car? He also has a black one.

The bronze car, this is it when Mike owned it..

A12

Reaction score
at the Nat's in '07.....it started with a 440+6, ended up with a Hemi for a season or two and then went back to a 440+6 and I have a photo taken about two hours before this one of Ralph leaning out the window telling me "since I put the 440+6 back in it is running quicker than ever" :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I know I've mentioned this before.. The black hemi car was a local car and was custom painted. It had red "panels" on the sides. It sat out in a yard in some weeds for a while and a friend of mine bought it. While he had it, the side windows got broken out when it sat next to his shop. He decided to sell it. I waffled back and forth about buying it, and when I decided to I was a day late. Another friend bought it to race. The car was painted blue at that point. He raced the car for a few years before selling it to Ralph.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Big John said:
I know I've mentioned this before.. The black hemi car was a local car and was custom painted. It had red "panels" on the sides. It sat out in a yard in some weeds for a while and a friend of mine bought it. While he had it, the side windows got broken out when it sat next to his shop. He decided to sell it. I waffled back and forth about buying it, and when I decided to I was a day late. Another friend bought it to race. The car was painted blue at that point. He raced the car for a few years before selling it to Ralph.
It just goes to show how small the world really is!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's a nice looking runner. I think I have that in a magizine.

John69RR

Reaction score
Thats definitely a good looking car. I have a question though about the grille blackout. What happened to it? I thought it was used on lighter colors to hide the core support. Thanks for any info.

A12

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Thats definitely a good looking car. I have a question though about the grille blackout. What happened to it? I thought it was used on lighter colors to hide the core support. Thanks for any info.

John are you talking about the top radiator support? That part (the upper cross brace) didn't get the blackout because it was so high up under the front of the hood it couldn't be seen unless you were looking from bumper height). This is typical of the way the blackout was done on the '68/'69 B-bodies.....

Back