• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Install

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I am posting a few pictures of the headliner I bought about 8-10 years ago. I may be way off base but I thought I read somewhere that the covered sail panel sits behind the headliner in the sail panel. Problem is that the headliner should then have a kind of tuxedo tail if you will.

Take a look at mine and let me know if I got possibly the old repop style or if the covered sail panel sits on top like I have a picture of a picture taken somewhere on line. (He apparently bought the same headliner kit)

Also is the package tray correct looking and how do my home made clips back there fit?

My trim guy says the headliner will work with the sail boards on top of the headliner when it bites into the teeth in the sail panel.

Now back to the package tray. It again is about 8-10 years old and an REM unit. Just wondering if correct and how do the hold downs work. Better question how do you hide them or do I even need them?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The headliner bites into the teeth and the sail panel goes over it like your pic. The package tray looks good, but runners didn't get insulated under the tray. If you can work it in with your clips and sail panels it would make it more quiet, the clips bend over the tray maybe a quarter inch and paint them black because the seat doesn't quite cover them. :beep:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
what Bob said. the package tray clips need to just catch it. mine is an REM as well, and looks just like originals I've had. and if that frog is too green for you...just dend it my way :thumbsup:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Flat and 1/4" lip. I'll clean that up. Jute hopefully won't hold the package tray too high for the seat. Will have to see unless someone can chime in.

The headliner will be in then tomorrow at the latest.

One quarter window to be adjusted. The vertical weather strip just aft of the front door vents also go in tomorrow. That weather strip is still available from your local Chrysler dealer. Pricey though even at body shop prices. Ditto on the door end weather strips that ride inside the chrome.

Honeymoon is over (just kidding) so time to get the chicken out on the road.

Before :snowball:

When is your's going back to wearin' o' the green?

meepbeep69

Reaction score
I have an extra camera that I will leave with the trim shop guy today.

I am then going to sent them all to Bob. He will know what to do with them or he will at least tell me how to set them up.

I will keep them on a lower resolution.

Everyone has helped me here greatly. Hopefully the series of pictures will help someone else down the road.

I know he has a bunch of rubber tipped clips and all of the screws and bolts for everything are already in place so he can feel for them once the headliner is in place.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Before :snowball:

When is your's going back to wearin' o' the green?

I've got my fingers crossed for maybe next year. Dughter will be taking over her car soon, Wife's car is paid off next year, so things will(should) be easing up soon(I hope)

BBillyC

Reaction score
When I did my headliner the trick to install is to stretch the fabric evenly from the back bow (which has the hook wires attached to the roof rail) to the front center then from side to side. Do this carefully to get it balanced in terms of taughtness. On the side rail there are little u-clips that push up onto pinch weld to hold the fabric there. Once that is done you work from the back bow to the teeth around the window and on the side where the sail goes. Make sure that you line up the material correctly on the sail panel board so that it has the same flow and texture as the headliner. If it is not in the same direction it will look funny. Get a really good spray adhesive...I used 3M and it let go after a couple of months then I found out there are different grades, so get the best with the highest holding power. Finally glue the fabric to the sail panel with a that high quality spray adhesive, when set match the clip on the back of the sail panel with the hole on the inside rear pillar and push it in. Once in then you can put the package tray in and put the clips on at the front to hold it down. Then the window molding goes in to hide everything. The trick to all of it is take your time and go slow to make sure everything is stretched right and even....no puckers of tight or loose areas, and you'll be good to go.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
How hard was the headliner to do ????
I had help on mine that knew what he was doing, I would farm it out if you cant find help. I could do one now but its a hands on thing trying to explain it is like herding cats :D By the way I have a headliner for a Charger that came in a box labeled Road runner anyone got a charger?

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
3BIRDS1X said:
How hard was the headliner to do ????
I had help on mine that knew what he was doing, I would farm it out if you cant find help. I could do one now but its a hands on thing trying to explain it is like herding cats :D By the way I have a headliner for a Charger that came in a box labeled Road runner anyone got a charger?

I was afraid of that..........but I got time before I'm that far along anyways.

Back