• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior leaking

Rocket

Reaction score
I recently installed new weatherstripping and it is still leaking pretty bad. Is there a path for water to take in the grill on the firewall forward of the windshield? I am clueless. Next time it rains I am going to get in there and see where it is coming from.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you probably need to replace the wiper pivot seals. thast's where mine always leaked.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
you probably need to replace the wiper pivot seals. thast's where mine always leaked.
I changed those on my car and it helped. But what a PITA to do!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
take the glove box and the radio out and it's not too bad.

dobie

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

I had the same issue, and changed mine out several years ago myself. It's still a pain even with all that stuff removed...

:cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
take the glove box and the radio out and it's not too bad.
I did that Dave. The biggest problem was that the nuts had to be cranked all the way off, they didn't spin after they were loosened. it was like they were lock nuts. And the drivers side there wasn't much room to get at the nut or to turn the wrench so it took a while and I scraped up my had pretty good!

Rocket

Reaction score
I tested it today and it looks like the very end of the roof weatherstripping is in the wrong position. Big gaping hole where the door meets the windshield. Should you see the very end of the weatherstripping when the door is closed? I don't see it now but suspect I installed it wrong.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There is allot of adjustment in the wing window on a 2dr hardtop and side glass if that is the case.

Rocket

Reaction score
I wanted to follow up on this for someone in the future having the same issue. I replaced the wiper seals and it still leaked. Had a buddy check under the dash and it was pouring in throughout the windshield seal. We took out the windshield (of course it broke) and I had a chance to repaint my dash etc. I am going to silicone the heck out of it around the seal. I will let you all know if it works.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The factory put sealer in the lower corners before the gasket goes on. I did a thread years ago let me search it.

Back