• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior paint finish

bobbyb

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to paint some interior parts on my car and was wondering about the finish on some. I believe the dash has a pretty flat finish, but the top of the doors, are they gloss? or semi-gloss. I was thinking about just doing everything in semi-gloss but would like to know what is correct. Also it will be black in color and not a concours correct restoration.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
on my last car I used Krylon rattle can satin black. I liked it alot.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Doors are gloss and the dash is suede. I would use a flatter color on the dash so it doesn't blind you when the sun hits it.

moparmike

Reaction score
I use SEM trim black #39143 on the flat finish areas. Super tough and coats well. If you are covering bare metal, use an acid etch primer first. U-pol #8 is a superb primer. Both come in a rattle can and are the best I've seen.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Gloss or Semi gloss on the doors, definitely flat on the dash or you will get a reflect back at you from the windshield.

Back